Woman Blames Husband for Obama’s Re-Election, Allegedly Runs Him Over With Her SUV
Ever since President Barack Obama won his bid for re-election there has been tons of Monday morning quarterbacking as Republicans and conservatives across the nation try to figure out just what went wrong.
One woman from Mesa, Ariz. decided that her husband was partly to blame for Obama’s re-election because he failed to vote this time around. So as punishment, she reportedly ran him over with her car, leaving him with critical injuries.
Holly Solomon, 28, allegedly chased her husband, Daniel, around a parking lot driving an SUV following a heated argument about the presidential election, KNXV-TV reports. ”According to Daniel, Holly believed her family was going to face hardship as a result of President Obama’s re-election,” Gilbert police Sergeant Jesse Sanger said in a statement.
Daniel initially tried to escape, hiding behind a light pole to shield himself, but his wife was relentless in chasing him down. She continued yelling at him throughout the encounter.
More from KNXV-TV:
Witnesses reported a lot of yelling just before Holly got into a Jeep SUV and began chasing her husband, Daniel Solomon, through the parking lot near Gilbert and Elliot roads.
Police said Daniel tried to run away toward Gilbert Road as Holly pursued him in the vehicle.
She eventually struck her husband and he was pinned underneath, between the vehicle and a curb.
Fortunately, Daniel Solomon survived the attack and was transported to Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center, where he remains in critical condition, according to police.
Holly has been charged with domestic violent and aggravated assault. Police said she did not appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol when she attacked her husband.
And as Phoenix New Times points out, “President Obama won a grand total of zero of Arizona’s 11 electoral votes, so it wouldn’t have helped if Daniel Solomon had voted for Romney 1,000 times.”
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 492 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 477 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 467 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 378 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 317 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 169 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 281 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 122 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 121 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' deaths
- Storm took town's youngest as it swept through
- Council members abstain from vote on abstaining
- Dissidents find 'Cuba outside Cuba' in Miami
- Big stores nix credit card settlement, file suit
- Distraught mom becomes face of Oklahoma storm
- IMF chief Lagarde in court in fraud probe
- AP Interview: Rogge praises wrestling's changes