Are UFOs Flying Over Denver? See the Video Captured by Both an Anonymous Tipster and a Local News Station
The local Fox affiliate near Denver, KDVR, received a video tip from a man who wished to remain anonymous showing unidentified objects taken with his digital camera. Although many might be quick to jump to the conclusion that they’re UFOs of the extraterrestrial variety, some have other ideas that hit a bit closer to home.
KDVR reported the tipster saying that the objects appear between noon and 1 p.m. near the Denver metro area “at least a couple times a week.” The footage was taken on a hill in the Federal Heights area. The news station said it had to slow down the footage in order to more clearly see the images. It also added contrast to increase visibility.
Given that photo-doctoring equipment is easy to come by, KDVR also wanted to verify the footage for themselves. Since the tipster said this is a reoccurring event, they sent out their own photojournalist, Noah Skinner, to see if he could replicate the footage. They brought in an expert to review it as well:
Aviation expert Steve Cowell is a former commercial pilot, instructor and FAA accident prevention counselor.
He thought he would have a logical explanation, until he watched the video. “That is not an airplane, that is not a helicopter, those are not birds, I can’t identify it,” he said. He also told us the objects are not insects.
He said he knows of no aircraft that flies as fast. He did tell us there is one other possibility. “Perhaps there’s some sort of debris that is being raised up by some of the atmospheric winds.”
But in his professional opinion, “As it fits the definition, it’s an unidentified flying object.”
Some would disagree with Cowell’s writing of the bugs explanation though. Doubtful News author “Chew” (via the Huffington Post) wrote, “’NOBODY CAN EXPLAIN IT!’ Really? They’re bugs! Set up two cameras side by side and triangulate the distance to the object. Clearly they consulted a man in the wrong profession. Get someone who has studied UFOs. Or an entomologist!”
You can compare the footage sent into KDVR and that captured by Skinner and judge for yourself. See them both below.
Here’s KDVR’s report based off the images sent into them from a tipster:
Here’s what Skinner was able to film:
Tell us what you think in the comments.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 565 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 509 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 488 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 347 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 334 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 253 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 241 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 143 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- Bayern faces Dortmund in Champions League final
- Steely Cotillard shines in 'The Immigrant'
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Principal recounts tornado hitting Oklahoma school
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees tragedy behind him
- Yankees' Teixeira to play in minors on Wednesday
- Actress Bynes accused of bong toss out NYC window
- Calif. plastic ocean debris bill dies in committee