‘Flirtatious’ But Not Sexual? Fox Source Details Gen. Allen’s Relationship With Petraeus Whistleblower
Jennifer Griffin, who broke many explosive Benghazi-related stories, discussed a number of breaking developments between General Allen and State Department liaison Jill Kelley this morning on Fox News.
Kelley’s name was first introduced to the national media after she received “threatening” emails from David Petraeus’s lover Paula Broadwell, but the situation became far more curious after it was revealed that General Allen was also engaged in “inappropriate” correspondence with the woman.
Noting that Allen is the “new name” in what has been a growing scandal since Petraeus resigned as CIA Director on Friday over his extramarital affair, the host asked Griffin whether anybody thinks General Allen “has done anything wrong.”
“They certainly think he may have done something wrong, that’s why the DOD inspector general is investigating him. The FBI came to the inspector general with about 20,000-30,000 pages of emails– inappropriate emails they say that may suggest an inappropriate relationship with Jill Kelley, they’re investigating that.
“But we’re told from one senior U.S. official [that] the emails may have been flirtatious, but other officials suggest that it may not be the sexual relationship that is being investigated, it may be some other form of inappropriate relationship of a non-sexual nature.
“Officials told the Washington Post that there were not 20,000-30,000 emails sent, but that it was a few hundred emails exchanged including long email chains that, once printed out, became 20,000-30,000 pages long, and that led to the long page count.” [Emphasis added]
After discussing General Joe Dunford’s confirmation as the next commander in Afghanistan, Griffin was interrupted with more breaking news.
“A senior U.S. Defense official does tell us that the emails with Jill Kelley– between General Allen and Jill Kelley, were flirtatious in nature, but General Allen is contending that the relationship was not of a sexual nature,” she related.
Which leaves many asking– is General Allen lying, or, as some officials have suggested, was he engaged in an “inappropriate” relationship with Kelley that truly was not-sexual? If so, what sort of relationship would that be? Could it be related to a security leak?
Watch the interview, below:
- NYPost: Both Gen. Petraeus and Gen. Allen Intervened on Behalf of Jill Kelley’s ‘Unstable’ Sister in Custody Battle
- New Shock: Top U.S. General Investigated for Thousands of Pages of ‘Inappropriate’ Emails to Petraeus Friend
- Bizarre Twist: Key FBI Agent on Case Actually Sent ‘Shirtless Photos’ to Petraeus Friend
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 485 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 472 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 462 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 359 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 327 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ Read More
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 102 Comments
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 118 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- Emails suggest Treasury delayed alerting Congress to Tea Party targeting scheme
- Karl Rove advises GOP not to threaten impeachment
- Weiner gets started stumping in NYC mayoral race
- US new home sales up 2.3 percent in April
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View
- IMF head Lagarde in court in fraud probe
- Appellate court: Berlusconi ran illegal scheme
- Markets roiled by Nikkei's 7.3 percent slide
- Krzyzewski returning to coach USA Basketball