‘Flirtatious’ But Not Sexual? Fox Source Details Gen. Allen’s Relationship With Petraeus Whistleblower
Jennifer Griffin, who broke many explosive Benghazi-related stories, discussed a number of breaking developments between General Allen and State Department liaison Jill Kelley this morning on Fox News.
Kelley’s name was first introduced to the national media after she received “threatening” emails from David Petraeus’s lover Paula Broadwell, but the situation became far more curious after it was revealed that General Allen was also engaged in “inappropriate” correspondence with the woman.
Noting that Allen is the “new name” in what has been a growing scandal since Petraeus resigned as CIA Director on Friday over his extramarital affair, the host asked Griffin whether anybody thinks General Allen “has done anything wrong.”
“They certainly think he may have done something wrong, that’s why the DOD inspector general is investigating him. The FBI came to the inspector general with about 20,000-30,000 pages of emails– inappropriate emails they say that may suggest an inappropriate relationship with Jill Kelley, they’re investigating that.
“But we’re told from one senior U.S. official [that] the emails may have been flirtatious, but other officials suggest that it may not be the sexual relationship that is being investigated, it may be some other form of inappropriate relationship of a non-sexual nature.
“Officials told the Washington Post that there were not 20,000-30,000 emails sent, but that it was a few hundred emails exchanged including long email chains that, once printed out, became 20,000-30,000 pages long, and that led to the long page count.” [Emphasis added]
After discussing General Joe Dunford’s confirmation as the next commander in Afghanistan, Griffin was interrupted with more breaking news.
“A senior U.S. Defense official does tell us that the emails with Jill Kelley– between General Allen and Jill Kelley, were flirtatious in nature, but General Allen is contending that the relationship was not of a sexual nature,” she related.
Which leaves many asking– is General Allen lying, or, as some officials have suggested, was he engaged in an “inappropriate” relationship with Kelley that truly was not-sexual? If so, what sort of relationship would that be? Could it be related to a security leak?
Watch the interview, below:
- NYPost: Both Gen. Petraeus and Gen. Allen Intervened on Behalf of Jill Kelley’s ‘Unstable’ Sister in Custody Battle
- New Shock: Top U.S. General Investigated for Thousands of Pages of ‘Inappropriate’ Emails to Petraeus Friend
- Bizarre Twist: Key FBI Agent on Case Actually Sent ‘Shirtless Photos’ to Petraeus Friend
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 488 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 475 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 466 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 374 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 302 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 125 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 228 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 108 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 109 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Permit requirements shut down another kid’s lemonade stand — but it’s not what you think
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Coen, Guirgis bound for Atlantic Theater Company
- Body of child found in deadly Minn. landslide
- Obama endorses more oversight of drone strikes
- CORRECTS: Obama: No drone strikes without 'near certainty' of no civilian casualties.
- Study: Amphibians disappearing at alarming rate
- Obama announces he's lifting 2009 ban on transfers of Guantanamo detainees to Yemen
- Shuttered NM plant resumes making peanut butter
- Obama:No drone strikes on suspected terrorists without 'near certainty' of civilian casualties