Oops: Denver News Station Airs Photoshopped Paula Broadwell Book Title — ‘All Up In My Sn***h’
An astute observer saw in an irreverently photoshopped book title as it aired on a Denver ABC affiliate’s segment regarding the affair between Gen. David Patraeus and Paula Broadwell.
According to American Blog writer John Aravosis, a reader sent him a clip of the segment that showed Broadwell at an earlier speaking engagement at the University of Denver and next to her was an image of her biography about Patraeus. The book title should have read “All In” but the image picked up by ABC 7 read “All Up In My Sn***h.” The words “up” and “my sn***h” had been added in.
The slang inserted into the title of the book is considered an extremely derogatory term for female genitals.
As Aravosis puts it, this is a lesson why you should “never grab images off of the Internet.”
Watch the segment with the wrong book title being aired:
The ABC channel has since written about itself, saying that its own mistake has gone viral. ABC 7 stated that the reporter had accidentally grabbed the photoshopped image. The director of the station Jeff Harris called it a “regrettable and embarrassing error.”
“We are mortified this appeared during our 5 p.m. news broadcast,” Harris said.
The original story was corrected to prevent further uninformed spread of the wrong image.
Petraeus stepped down last week as the director of the CIA after he admitted to having an extramarital affair.
This story has been updated since its original posting.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 593 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 498 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 396 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 338 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 332 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 289 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival
- Jury foreman says life or death decision unfair
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Mosque blast kills 12 in eastern Afghanistan
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- 16 children, 1 teacher dead in Pakistan bus fire
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- Chile's Indians take on world's largest gold miner