Out of Town Electrical Worker Helping Restore Power in New York Severely Beaten by Unknown Attacker
If you thought utility workers in Connecticut being pelted with eggs and then subsequently put under police protection while they were working to help Hurricane Sandy victims was bad, wait until you hear about what happened to an out-of-state electrician in New York.
WTSP reported that John Applewhite, an electrician from Florida helping restore power on Long Island, was beaten to the point where he now has a broken jaw, among other facial fractures, and a black eye.
Applewhite, who is now back in Florida awaiting surgery, said he doesn’t know what spurred his attacker to single him out. WTSP reported Applewhite’s recollection of the incident:
“He met me halfway between my truck and his vehicle, and just as I got within arm’s reach, he decked me,” said John Applewhite.
Applewhite doesn’t know why he was attacked or by whom. Police say its was a guy in a black BMW who took off after the assault.
Watch the report with Applewhite talking about what happened from his hospital bed:
My Fox NY reported Applewhite saying that he didn’t have any prior indication that the man would attack him.
“He was in a nice vehicle, dressed fairly nice from what I could tell,” Applewhite said, according to the news station.
My Fox NY also reported a co-worker, one of the 24 who went up from Lakeland, Fla., to assist other utility workers, came to help Applewhite and was bitten by the attacker.
Nassau police are investigating the incident.
Here’s the My Fox NY report:
(H/T: New York Daily News)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 478 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 410 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 358 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 330 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 290 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 101 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 208 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 135 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 146 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 109 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Flooding forces evacuation of 1,300 in ND town
- Cannes: Scott Thomas' glorious dip into darkness
- Benghazi review leader OKs meeting with committee
- Cameron: 'Indications' London attack terror
- Weiner launches comeback bid to become NYC mayor
- Arias jury deadlocked but must continue
- Key House chairman slams Senate immigration bill
- Stocks fall on news Fed weighed cutting stimulus