Does This Photo Show Why Jill Kelley Thinks She Deserves Diplomatic Protection?
Yesterday TheBlaze reported that Jill Kelley, the mysterious Florida socialite who keeps cropping up in the Petraeus sex scandal, called 911 a number of times requesting “diplomatic protection” when supposedly unknown people tried to enter her property recently.
At the time, she was known to be an unpaid “social liaison” and “honorary ambassador” who often throws parties for men like General Petraeus. One U.S. official told ABC News she is a “nice, bored, rich socialite” who has a tendency to drop the word “honorary” from her title and describe herself as an actual ambassador, and many speculated this is what she meant when requesting “diplomatic protection.”
However, it is now being reported that Kelley is also an “honorary consul” of South Korea.
Remember all of those photos of Kelley walking to her Mercedes S500 yesterday, wearing a garish pink or yellow outfit? Well, a photo of her license plate even says “honorary consul.”
Here’s a reminder:
Easy to miss if you’re not looking for it, but it certainly presents another interesting angle. Why was Kelley appointed an honorary consul of South Korea?
USA Today describes the post as “symbolic” and “with no official responsibilities,” but it’s still a pretty rare, unexpected title to have.
The official who commented for Foreign Policy contributed: “She does not work as a real consul. They play a role to improve the relationship between the [Republic of Korea] and the U.S…. Jill Kelley helped to get support for [the Korea-U.S. Free Trade Agreement] and she arranged meetings between the [Korean] Ambassador to Washington and local businessmen when the [Korean] Ambassador visited the Tampa area.”
It should be noted, however, that “honorary consuls” do not have the rights of permanent diplomatic staff, and therefore Kelley’s property is not entitled to the diplomatic protection she requested.
Curiouser and curiouser.
- Is One of the Women in the Petraeus Scandal a Spy? You’ll Never Believe Who’s Making the Case
- Petraeus Scandal Takes Another Bizarre Turn: 911 Calls From Home of Jill Kelley Reveal Request for ‘Diplomatic Protection’
- Both Gen. Petraeus and Gen. Allen Intervened on Behalf of Jill Kelley’s ‘Unstable’ Sister in Custody Battle
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 313 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 254 Comments
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 228 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance Read More
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 169 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 117 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 103 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 137 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Conn. rail service returns to normal
- Mortar lands in Congo as UN chief arrives
- North Korean leader sends special envoy to China
- Republican divisions may hinder party's momentum
- Life-saving face transplant performed in Poland
- Vatican releases 1st report of financial watchdog
- Mais non! French universities may teach in English
- 7 Egyptian security men kidnapped in Sinai freed