Here’s Why Glenn Beck Says to Stop All Those Secession Petitions: ‘Are You Out of Your Mind?’
Glenn Beck responded to the wave of post-election secession petitions (which have now hit all 50 states) during both his radio and television programs Tuesday, relaying a simple message to his audience: taking part isn’t smart.
“Now how do you think that’s going to work out?” Beck asked on his radio show. “I mean, how dumb do you have to be? Really? You’re putting your name on a list that goes directly to the White House, and you’re putting your name on a list and saying, ‘yeah I think we should secede, I think there should be a Civil War.’”
When co-host Stu Burguiere pointed out that the petitions request a “peaceful” secession, adding that it really is just a place to “make a statement,” Beck appeared unconvinced.
“Uh huh…[And] do you think that these people don’t forget who made a statement to them? Are you out of your mind?”
Beck continued to say that many of the signatories are probably thinking something along the lines of, “They voted for this, let ‘em have it!”
“Instead of focusing on, ‘I’m not doing anything with you guys,’ just focus on the positive,” Beck countered. “What are you going to do? Anyone who wants to secede, that issue’s been settled. Now I don’t happen to agree with it, because I don’t understand how the Constitution could be a suicide pact…that’s what the Civil War settled.”
Here is video from Beck’s radio show:
On his television program later that day, Beck continued to explore the role of the Declaration of Independence in modern-day secession petitions, and how the petitions could justify tighter control by the federal government.
“This is exactly the kind of fuel the president will use to order measures to ‘protect’ the Republic. And he’ll have the Department of Homeland Security at his disposal to enforce them.”
Noting that President Obama signed his 141st executive order expanding the “partnership” between the Department of Homeland Security and local police, Beck said that when the federal government gets involved, local police almost always take a back seat. Moreover, reports of the Social Security Administration buying 174,000 hollow-point bullets suddenly become much more troubling.
“If the government begins arming itself against the citizens at the federal level, and say ‘by the way, we’re your new state police,’ that would indeed be the point in the course of human events where it becomes necessary to dissolve political bands,” Beck said, concluding with a passage from the Declaration of Independence.
But, Beck said, “secession is not an option,” and so it is up to you to contact your governor, find out what your kids are learning, and change the media. Because the next step isn’t going to be easy.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 492 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 476 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 466 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 375 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 307 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 153 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 259 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 113 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 111 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Just a photo of Al Sharpton smiling in an African dashiki
- ‘Big gas savings’: Kmart’s marketing gurus strike again
- Does CNN want to keep Piers Morgan around?
- Permit requirements shut down another kid’s lemonade stand — but it’s not what you think
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Sweden's riots raise questions about inequality
- Military calls UK attack victim a model soldier
- Wyden: FracFocus 'constructive' tool on drilling
- Storm took town's youngest as it swept through
- Obama: Policy in leaks investigations under review
- Israel to discuss military draft reform proposal
- NASA head views progress on asteroid lasso mission