‘You’re a Rat’ & ‘You’re Full of S**t’: This Is What the Chicago Teachers Union’s Monday March Looked Like
Don’t be confused by the headline. Yes, the Chicago Teachers Union (CTU) paraded in the streets on Veteran’s Day. But it was not to honor our nation’s veterans (it just happened to be on the same day). It was to protest the city’s rumored plans to close dozens of schools.
So, in honor of their little march, Jeremy Segal (of “Rebel Pundit” fame) in conjunction with EAGnews.org, the “flagship website” of the Education Action Group Foundation, Inc., a Michigan-based education reform group, decided to interview a few of the protesters.
What Segal found was less-than-welcoming. In fact, what he found was a torrent of obscenities and anger:
“Ironically, all Chicago Public Schools were closed that day. While the union forgot to bring flags to honor America, they did have plenty of socialist, communists and other radicals in the ranks,” the video’s YouTube description reads.
To be fair, you do hear Segal at one point respond to the insult that he hates “all workers” by asking if one protester hates “all Americans.”
Warning! Video contains coarse language not be suitable for younger viewers:
You know, maybe we should excuse the protesters’ of their less-than-polite behavior. After all, they’re doing it for the children (or something).
UPDATE: There was an NBC affiliate on site to document the CTU protest. Segal, who regularly blogs for Breitbart, asked NBC 5’s Charlie Wojciechowski if his crew was interested in questioning Jesse Sharkey, VP of the union, over his recent participation in the International Socialist Organization Midwest Marxism Conference at Northwestern University.
“I’m working,” Wojcieckowski responded. “We are doing something here… We are covering a protest.”
Segal followed up by asking Wojcieckowski if he was covering the protest, or covering it up.
Wojciechowski replied: “If Breitbart was a legitimate organization, I would talk to you, but it’s not, Breitbart is full of sh**.”
Coarse language warning:
Wojciechowski went on apparently, to cover up who the leaders of the protest were and filed a report of which the protest leaders approved. While I did see and film Wojciechowski interviewing Mr. Sharkey, that interview does not appear in the story Wojciechowski filed, and remains unclear whether or not he ever asked Sharkey about his involvement with the Marxist organization.
A representative for NBC 5 did not immediately respond to TheBlaze’s request for comment.
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
This story has been updated and corrected.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 594 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 498 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 398 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 333 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 290 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- 'Friend' of suspect in UK slaying arrested
- In Ethiopia, African Union celebrates 50 years
- Suicide bomber dies in blast in Afghan capital
- Female suicide bomber injures 11 in Russian region
- Jordan king says extremism 'grown fat' on conflict
- Russian police: Female suicide bomber injures at least 11 in Caucasus region of Dagestan
- Syria regime unleashes artillery barrage on Qusair
- Balloons bring smiles in war-weary Afghan capital