Here’s the Shirtless Photo the FBI Agent Involved in the Petraeus Scandal Sent to Jill Kelley
The shirtless FBI agent who began the investigation that ultimately led to Gen David Petraeus’ resignation as CIA director says the shirtless photo found in the email inbox of Tampa socialite Jill Kelley was a “joke” sent to dozens of friends and acquaintances. At first glance, there appears to be nothing particularly sexual about the photo as some had previously speculated.
A newspaper report describes the photograph of the shirtless FBI agent as silly but not scandalous.
The Seattle Times published the photo on Thursday. Along with Kelley, a reporter with the paper also received the photo all the way back in 2010 when it was first sent out. The picture was snapped following a “hard workout” with the SWAT team at MacDill Air Force Base. Posing in between two target dummies that look a lot like him, Frederick Humphries sent the photo with the following caption: “Which One’s Fred?”
The photograph helped land Humphries in hot water though. The FBI is investigating Humphries for talking with Republican lawmakers about the investigation into harassing emails that Kelley received from Petraeus’s biographer and mistress.
Petraeus resigned from the CIA last week after acknowledging an extramarital affair. The liaison was discovered during an FBI investigation of harassing emails allegedly sent by Petraeus’ biographer and mistress, Paula Broadwell, to Jill Kelley. Broadwell allegedly saw Kelley as a rival.
Is there anything inappropriate about the photo?
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,035 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 436 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 310 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 251 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 142 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 224 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 104 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Asia stocks rise as Fed official backs easy policy
- Sharks tie series with 2-1 win over Kings
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- North Korea sends leader's special envoy to China
- Early vote points to close race as LA picks mayor
- Pakistani cricket star politician leaves hospital
- Ai Weiwei uses music to mock state power in China
- Egypt TV: 7 security men kidnapped in Sinai freed