Bill Maher: Obama Should Become an ‘Angry Black Man Pushing a Liberal Agenda’ During His Second Term
HBO’s Bill Maher gave a carefully-crafted monologue Friday night, where every line was calculated to deliver jabs at his political opponents and laughs for his audience.
Closing out the season of his show “Real Time With Bill Maher,” the left-leaning host began by saying that now that Obama has been re-elected, he has the freedom to be all that his detractors purportedly painted him as during his first term.
“New rule,” Maher announced. “Now that he’s been reelected, President Obama must get back at all those right-wing hacks that tried to paint him as an angry black man pushing a liberal agenda, by becoming an angry black man who is pushing a liberal agenda.”
But, Maher cautioned, there are two ways to look at Obama’s 51-48 victory. It can either be interpreted as a sign that we “love” him, or that we “like” him “3% more than Mitt Romney.”
“And by the way, let us never speak that name again,” Maher added of the defeated Republican nominee. “Let it be a dark and buried memory of a close call with a creature equal parts pure evil and excellent posture, like getting dry humped in a crowded subway by Roger Moore.”
Maher continued, poking fun at Republican attention to George Soros and radical Islam:
“I like this president. In all those secret strategy meetings we had– with me and him and George Soros and the New Black Panthers– I found him to be very agreeable, Allah be praised. But it’s now the job of progressives to hold his feet to the fire for causes important to us. If not now, when? There’s no third term, Mr. President, so you might as well throw caution to the wind, because it’s not like we’re using it to produce energy.
“Yes, clean energy, that’s just one of many issues, like civil liberties, the drug war, the drone war, the war war, gun control, that have been on my mind these last four years, and let’s just say I have been waiting to exhale. And by that I mean I have been holding my nose. But you’re free now. With no more elections to win, you are free to never again have to kiss the a** of coal miners and say “clean coal.” There is no such thing…it’s like saying “Internet privacy” or “Tea Party intellectual” or “Fox News journalist”… [Emphasis added]
Maher continued to tackle the defense budget, saying we should prove just how “brave” our troops are by asking them to get by with “one less submarine.”
“Yes, we were involved in a struggle against a radical enemy bent on our destruction,” Maher said. “But the election is over!”
Watch the entire HBO segment, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 846 Comments
- White House: ‘Irrelevant Fact’ Where Obama Was During Benghazi 348 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 277 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 242 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 230 Comments
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 166 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Did Christian Prayers at Gov’t Meetings in This NY Town Violate the Constitution? 177 Comments
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 182 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 139 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- China's Xi will meet Obama earlier than expected
- World stocks mixed ahead of Fed statements
- Justin Bieber's monkey to become German property
- Syria says it destroys Israeli vehicle in Golan
- How the French economy compares to Germany's, UK's
- Does France have right plan to revive its economy?
- Myanmar Muslims jailed for killing Buddhist monk
- Syrian army says it has destroyed an Israeli vehicle that crossed Golan Heights ceasefire line