‘Just Wow’: Watch What Happens to TheBlaze’s Will Cain When He Tries to Explain Romney’s ‘Gift’ Comments on CNN
The Blaze’s Will Cain appeared on CNN with Don Lemon Sunday night, and was barely allowed to get a word in after saying that Mitt Romney was technically right in his post-election “gift” comments.
For those who haven’t been following, Romney has suggested that Barack Obama won the election by appealing to various constituencies with “gifts,” while his campaign focused on helping the country as a whole.
After Lemon played video of various Republicans denouncing Romney, Cain admitted that the remarks weren’t very “sportsmanlike,” but said they weren’t actually “inaccurate.”
“It wasn’t politically advantageous,” he explained, “but the Democratic Party has been crafting policies that have been tail—”
At that point, Cain was interrupted by a “chorus” of “wait, wait, wait…” and “what?” from host Don Lemon and CNN contributor LZ Granderson.
“Did you just say it wasn’t inaccurate Will?” Granderson asked. “It wasn’t inaccurate, what are you talking about?” Lemon added with surprise.
After waiting for Lemon and Granderson to finish, moving only his eyes to indicate what he thought of the lengthy interruption, Cain continued: “First of all, I think your guys’ two reaction is outstanding, I mean it’s just amazing. I was saying that I think his statement–”
“I think your lack of reaction’s amazing,” Granderson interjected.
Still smiling, Cain said “alright” before continuing:
“Yes his statement is accurate. The Democratic Party has been crafting policies that are tailor-made for various constituencies, whether that breaks you up by gender, age, ethnicity… Absolutely those policies have been crafted to win over votes and win over every demographic–”
At that point, Lemon asked whether that isn’t the “point” of an election, before Cain noted that while it may be a winning political strategy, it certainly isn’t the best way to govern.
Lemon then seemed to contradict himself in back-to-back sentences.
“Governing means governing all of the people, no matter what demographic it is…” he lectured Cain. “If someone is tailoring their message for one group or another, that’s what they should be doing. That’s what a leader of the free world should be doing.”
Cain noted the contradiction, asking: “If you’re governing for everyone, then why would you craft policies that only apply to some people?”
Lemon and Granderson struggled to respond, Lemon saying that someone was “talking” in his ear, before Granderson tried to lay down the law.
“Will…Here’s the deal. President Obama was not handing out gifts, alright. He’s being a president.”
After discussing Romney’s previous “47%” remarks, Lemon said he “loves” Cain but can’t “believe” he would make such claims.
“I can. He’s cut from the same cloth, man!” Granderson contributed.
Cain said that, since they “know” him, they should consider listening to his explanation of the logic behind his assertion. However, he had little more than a few seconds before Granderson and Lemon interrupted once again, saying things like “It makes sense to you,” and “Is this like the numbers and the polls [that] all made sense if you’re doing some fuzzy math?”
“It doesn’t make sense and it’s insulting. Tough love,” Lemon concluded, allowing Granderson the last word before remarking, “Thank you guys. Bye bye.”
Watch the frustrating interview, via Crooks and Liars, below (skip to around 1:40 to skip the intro):
Carousel image courtesy of Shutterstock.com.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 478 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 403 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 350 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 330 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 290 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 203 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 109 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 146 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 109 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Flooding forces evacuation of 1,300 in ND town
- Cannes: Scott Thomas' glorious dip into darkness
- Benghazi review leader OKs meeting with committee
- Cameron: 'Indications' London attack terror
- Weiner launches comeback bid to become NYC mayor
- Arias jury deadlocked but must continue
- Key House chairman slams Senate immigration bill
- Stocks fall on news Fed weighed cutting stimulus