‘Spy! Spy!’: Hamas Publicly Executes Six ‘Suspected Collaborators’ With Israel (*GRAPHIC PHOTOS*)
(TheBlaze/AP) — Witnesses say masked gunmen have publicly executed six “suspected collaborators” with Israel at a busy Gaza City intersection.
The Hamas military wing claimed responsibility.
Witnesses said the six men were pulled out of a van Tuesday, then forced to lie face down on the street and shot dead.
The bodies then laid in a pile as a mob stomped and spit on them. A sixth body was tied to a motorcycle and dragged through the streets as people screamed, “Spy! Spy!”
CNN’s Anderson Cooper posted this shocking tweet with a photo:
AFP/Getty Images also has an image of the executed men, as crowds of Palestinians swarm to photograph the bodies and one man stomps on a dead man’s torso:
And now the news is making the front page of international publications like The Daily Mail:
Hamas reportedly posted a sign on an electricity pole after the horrifying execution, naming the six alleged informers as a warning to other Palestinians.
The killings come during a resurgence of violence with Israel, which has now lasted nearly a week. Gazan officials report more than 112 fatalities, but the number cannot be confirmed at the current time.
Israel relies on a network of local informants to identify its targets, often so that it can isolate terrorists from civilians.
Here is what appears to be video of the aftermath, when one of the bodies was dragged through the street:
This post has been updated.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 594 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 498 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 398 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 333 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 290 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- 'Friend' of suspect in UK slaying arrested
- In Ethiopia, African Union celebrates 50 years
- Suicide bomber dies in blast in Afghan capital
- Female suicide bomber injures 11 in Russian region
- Jordan king says extremism 'grown fat' on conflict
- Russian police: Female suicide bomber injures at least 11 in Caucasus region of Dagestan
- Syria regime unleashes artillery barrage on Qusair
- Balloons bring smiles in war-weary Afghan capital