What Should America’s Children Be Taught About Thanksgiving? These People’s Answers Might Shock You
Even with a sluggish economy and painfully high unemployment rates, the United States of America is still undoubtedly the greatest nation on earth. Many Americans would argue that the Thanksgiving holiday is a great opportunity to teach children about the importance of coming together as one country and being, well, thankful.
But not everyone agrees with that assessment.
Revealing Politics conducted a number of man-on-the-street interviews and asked people what our schools should be teaching America’s students about Thanksgiving. In fact, some were asked what young kindergarteners should be taught about Thanksgiving. Their answers just might put a damper on your holiday spirit.
“What do you think we should teach our kindergarteners about Thanksgiving,” Revealing Politics’ Caleb Bonham asks in the video.
“The truth,” one man replies. “They need to know about the racism and the violence that went on.”
In response to the same exact question, another woman said we should teach kindergarteners that Thanksgiving is “totally meaningless” and “we massacred millions and millions of Native Americans.” Ouch. That’s quite a heavy kindergarten lesson.
“Well, our nation was founded on slavery, genocide, murder, theft and mass injustice and it continues to this day,” yet another female respondent said.
Some were asked to respond what “students” in general should be learning about Thanksgiving, while others were a little more indifferent to the holiday.
“Personally, I don’t really give a sh*t about Thanksgiving,” another man said. Another gentleman echoed his feelings, saying America should just do away with Thanksgiving all together.
Watch the video below via Revealing Politics:
The video’s producer Ben Howe, a RedState contributor and Revealing Politics creative director, told TheBlaze on Wednesday that the respondents in the video displayed “repulsive anti-Americanism and thought.”
“No nation on earth is blameless. No people are blameless,” he added. “Ideally something like Thanksgiving is an opportunity for us to share in our common humanity not our common feelings of guilt. But given that it is a uniquely American holiday, I guess these people just can’t pass up the opportunity to trash her.”
Howe went on: “I’m not saying we don’t bear any responsibility for any scars that were left in our history. Clearly America has had its moral failings. The point is that Thanksgiving is supposed to be a time of coming together, but for these people and so many like them they just can’t let go and prefer to live in a world where blame always rests on the shoulders of someone else.”
Exit Question: What do you think we should be teaching America’s children about Thanksgiving?
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 815 Comments
- White House: ‘Irrelevant Fact’ Where Obama Was During Benghazi 348 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 250 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 240 Comments
- Report: Obama Administration Apologizes for Another National Security Leak 214 Comments
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 147 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Did Christian Prayers at Gov’t Meetings in This NY Town Violate the Constitution? 172 Comments
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 181 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 139 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- China's Xi will meet Obama earlier than expected
- Dunn homers as White Sox beat Lester, Red Sox 6-4
- Average credit card debt, late payments fall in 1Q
- Report: NPS hantavirus response followed policy
- Bruce homers to back Cueto in Reds' win over Mets
- Corbin tosses 3-hitter as D-backs beat Rockies 5-1
- President Obama declares major disaster in Oklahoma after devastating tornado
- Guatemala top court overturns genocide conviction