6 ‘Naughty’ Companies That Are Allegedly ‘Christmas Unfriendly’
Each holiday season, the Liberty Counsel (LC), a conservative, non-profit litigation and education organization, publishes its “Naughty and Nice List.” The purpose of the endeavor is to inform the public about the “retailers that acknowledge Christmas” and those businesses “that pretend it doesn’t exist.”
Naturally, those companies landing on the “nice” list are those which embrace Christmas and refrain from watering down the holiday’s true spirit. On the flip side, “naughty” companies are those that, in some way, purportedly dismiss the Christmas tradition.
According to LC, the designations are made based on the organization’s research and on reports from consumers. As each holiday season progresses, companies are added to both the “naughty” and “nice” roster. Below, find six of the most interesting and well-known brands on the “naughty” list.
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
LC claims that American Eagle is had an “egregious disregard” for Christmas over the past five years. As for its web site, the organization writes that the company “profits off colors, sights, sounds and symbols of ‘Christmas’ yet remains exclusive of ‘Christmas.’” The final verdict? With no products and lacking in Christmas spirit, LC concludes that the company is “‘Christmas’ unfriendly.”
Like American Eagle, the GAP doesn’t use the word “Christmas” anywhere on its web site. Considering that no items are sold in relation to the holiday, LC has added it to its “naughty” list as well. The group accuses the company of purging the word from its “stores, commercials or other advertisements.”
According to LC, Garmin should become known for much more than its GPS systems and other technologies. An analysis of the company’s web site apparently found no contemporary mentions of “Christmas.” However, the organization reports that the Christian holiday has been mentioned in the past. LC wants shoppers to express their “disappointment over the company’s non-acknowledgement of ‘Christmas.’”
Owned by Gap, Inc., Old Navy has also come under fire by LC for not promoting “Christmas” in its stores. While the word “holidays” is touted on the company’s web site, Christmas, itself, is not promoted. Considering the GAP’s handling of this issue on its own site, there’s no surprise there.
Tractor Supply Company
A seemingly odd inclusion, LC claims that Tractor Supply Company’s web site includes no mention of Christmas. While the company does offer a “Happy Holidays” gift card, as of today there is no mention of the Christian holiday on the front page of the company. But it must be mentioned that, upon searching for “Christmas,” numerous items (see below) pertaining to the holiday are for sale by Tractor Supply Company.
Abercrombie & Fitch
Last, but not least, we feature the clothing company Abercrombie & Fitch. Currently, LC has the business listed as being anti-Christmas. While the group claims the holiday isn’t mentioned anywhere on the Abercrombie web site, TheBlaze found it prominently featured on its homepage. Perhaps this change went into effect after LC published this year’s list. Here’s the pro-Christmas screen shot.
For the full list of companies that are purportedly hostile to Christmas (and those that are “nice”), click here.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 532 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 468 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 459 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 346 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 326 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- ECB official: New bank authority 'indispensable'
- Taliban rickshaw bomb kills 13 in Pakistan
- Bronx 'ghetto' tours stop amid residents' outrage
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- 25 killed in 2 simultaneous car bombs in Niger
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest _ for now
- Malaysian charged with sedition, 3 more arrested
- Report: Rafsanjani blasts Iran's rulers