College Marching Band Spells Out ‘O-B-A-M-A’ on the Field During Bayou Classic Football Game
Each year, the Grambling State University Tigers and the Southern University Jaguars get together to compete in the State Farm Bayou Classic. On Saturday, the 39th annual football game unfolded, with Southern winning 38-33. While the game likely excited a great many, it was the halftime show that distinguished itself as particularly memorable. The victorious school’s marching band coordinated themselves to spell out “Obama” on the field — an action that was noted by both supporters and critics of the president, alike.
As the band delivered its performance, the tribute to the president, which was viewable from the stands, was perfectly orchestrated. On the Southern University Marching Band’s Facebook page, some who were in attendance made their penchant for the Obama inclusion known.
“I loved your show today during halftime. O-B-A-M-A was especially nice,” one woman wrote.
“The halftime show — Obama — that was awesome. I salute you,” added another.
On Twitter, one person (@RedAndRight) quipped: “SU halftime show at Bayou Classic in NO. No word on if they spelled out Bush’s Fault.”
Watch the halftime show, below:
And here’s more:
These accolades are nothing new, though. In 2008, following Obama’s first presidential victory, the band offered a similar performance, also spelling out the president’s name.
Watch the clip, below:
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 478 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 418 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 367 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 330 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 295 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 105 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 210 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 163 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 146 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 111 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- UK PM: London attack near barracks could be terror
- Twitter adds security measure to logins
- Am. Samoa to keep flier miles for govt travelers
- Float driver says train seemed still before crash
- ND ad agency sues creators of Cartoon Network show
- Boy achieves family dream with geography bee win
- Others who took the 5th: McGwire, Abramoff, North
- UK PM: London attack terror could be terror