College Marching Band Spells Out ‘O-B-A-M-A’ on the Field During Bayou Classic Football Game
Each year, the Grambling State University Tigers and the Southern University Jaguars get together to compete in the State Farm Bayou Classic. On Saturday, the 39th annual football game unfolded, with Southern winning 38-33. While the game likely excited a great many, it was the halftime show that distinguished itself as particularly memorable. The victorious school’s marching band coordinated themselves to spell out “Obama” on the field — an action that was noted by both supporters and critics of the president, alike.
As the band delivered its performance, the tribute to the president, which was viewable from the stands, was perfectly orchestrated. On the Southern University Marching Band’s Facebook page, some who were in attendance made their penchant for the Obama inclusion known.
“I loved your show today during halftime. O-B-A-M-A was especially nice,” one woman wrote.
“The halftime show — Obama — that was awesome. I salute you,” added another.
On Twitter, one person (@RedAndRight) quipped: “SU halftime show at Bayou Classic in NO. No word on if they spelled out Bush’s Fault.”
Watch the halftime show, below:
And here’s more:
These accolades are nothing new, though. In 2008, following Obama’s first presidential victory, the band offered a similar performance, also spelling out the president’s name.
Watch the clip, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,036 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 436 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 312 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 147 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 224 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 106 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Maine man charged in death of missing teen
- Weak yen a help for Japan, but headache elsewhere
- Portland, Ore., rejecting water fluoridation
- Conn. rail service returning to normal
- Hosseini discusses new novel at NYC reading
- Young objector challenges Israeli army
- Egypt: 7 security men kidnapped in Sinai freed
- Garcetti holds slim lead as LA picks new mayor