See a Few of the ‘Killer’ Names Parents in Gaza Are Giving Their Babies
Moms and dads in America often consult lists like these when deciding what to name their newborns. While they might be debating between Liam, Ethan, Emma, and Olivia, parents in Gaza are finding inspiration from the conflict with Israel in choosing names for their babies.
Ynet reports some Palestinian parents in the past week have decided to name their newborns after Hamas terrorists Israel killed and long-range missiles that were aimed at Israeli civilians.
Ynet provides some anecdotes:
Muhammad al-Shafi’i Abu Nassat named his son, who was born Friday, after the Fajr missile. Naming his baby Fajr, Abu Nassat told Gaza media, was his way of expressing his gratitude to Iran, which was responsible for supplying Gaza with rockets that, according to Abu Nassat “struck the enemy for eight days.”
Amira Abu Assus, from the northern Gaza Strip, also named her child Fajr, Arabic for ‘dawn’, and says she picked out the name even before she went into labor last week.
She said she knew that the unborn baby would have “a bright future within Palestinian resistance. He would carry the rockets whose names he bears so as to free Palestine from Israeli occupation.”
Adham Murtaja of Gaza City decided to name his son, born on Friday, after Ahmed Jabari, the Hamas military chief who was assassinated by the IDF at the onset of Operation Pillar of Defense.
Murtaja said he decided to name his child Ahmed Jabari to prove to Israel that the Jabari assassination did not mean that the Palestinian nation stopped producing heroes.
These new additions added to the already popular name among Palestinians for boys, Jihad or holy war.
And when these babies grow a little older, they might be exposed to more glorification of terror such as seen recently on the official Facebook page of Fatah in Lebanon. As first reported by Palestinian Media Watch, the photo showed a Palestinian mother placing a suicide belt on her young son.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 501 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 459 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 442 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 323 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 249 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 146 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Police: Car bomb kills 12 in southwest Pakistan
- Asia stocks slide as China factory output slips
- Survey shows China manufacturing contracting
- Teen birth rates decline in most US states
- Nearly all US states see hefty drop in teen births
- Penguins rout Senators 7-3, take 3-1 series lead
- Urban renewal? Big US cities showing strong growth
- Lawyer: Malaysian accused of rape married the girl