Really? Nude Protesters Storm Boehner’s Office Over Potential Budget Cuts
A small group of naked protesters stormed House Speaker John Boehner’s Washington office today, seemingly concerned that taxpayer funding for AIDS research could be cut in the upcoming “fiscal cliff” discussions.
According to Buzzfeed reporter Chris Geidner, who was live tweeting the spectacle, the protesters were chanting things like, “ACT UP. Fight Back. Fight AIDS,” and, “Boehner, Boehner, don’t be a di**, budget cuts will make us sick.”
An unfortunate video of the event shows them chanting: “That’s why we have to be so nude, budget cuts are really rude!”
After that they went to: “No more budget cuts on our backs. End AIDS with a Robin Hood tax!”
Business Insider modified one of Geidner’s photos showing at least four naked protesters, clad only in shoes and body paint:
The Associated Press has more:
Here’s another image, with the simple description “gross,” via Gateway Pundit (we blurred):
Vocal-NY added that, while there were roughly 7 naked protesters inside, there were dozens more protesting in the hallway.
26-year-old Michael Tikili of New York City explained that he is HIV-positive and depends on Medicaid for treatment.
“Just the idea of these programs being cut is horrible,” Tikili said.
At least 3 of the protesters were quickly arrested for indecent exposure, according to Geidner, and seemingly given something to wear.
40-year-old Jennifer Flynn, who was among those arrested, declared: “People with AIDS are sick and tired of being pushed over the cliff…We need to make sure they stop going after people with AIDS.”
Here are some photos of the arrests:
Social media outlets exploded with the news almost immediately, and Twitchy captured some of the best tweets.
“If you insist on naked protesting, at least be hot…” @DinaFraioli objected.
“For once, I wish there was a govt cover-up,” Michelle Malkin added.
It doesn’t seem like these activists will be “tightening their belts” in the “collective” effort to cope with the national debt anytime soon!
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Naked Man Perched on Statue Closes Down Section of Road in Central London
- Caption That Photo! Boehner and Obama
- Former TX Occupier Launches ‘Fantasy’ Naked Maid Service
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 586 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 520 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 388 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 336 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 317 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 269 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 150 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Granderson hurt as Yankees beat Rays 9-4
- Sanchez loses no-hit bid in 9th, Tigers beat Twins
- No shave for Johnson after Nats top Phillies 5-2
- Dead Pa. baby's dad believes in 'divine healing'