Really? Nude Protesters Storm Boehner’s Office Over Potential Budget Cuts
A small group of naked protesters stormed House Speaker John Boehner’s Washington office today, seemingly concerned that taxpayer funding for AIDS research could be cut in the upcoming “fiscal cliff” discussions.
According to Buzzfeed reporter Chris Geidner, who was live tweeting the spectacle, the protesters were chanting things like, “ACT UP. Fight Back. Fight AIDS,” and, “Boehner, Boehner, don’t be a di**, budget cuts will make us sick.”
An unfortunate video of the event shows them chanting: “That’s why we have to be so nude, budget cuts are really rude!”
After that they went to: “No more budget cuts on our backs. End AIDS with a Robin Hood tax!”
Business Insider modified one of Geidner’s photos showing at least four naked protesters, clad only in shoes and body paint:
The Associated Press has more:
Here’s another image, with the simple description “gross,” via Gateway Pundit (we blurred):
Vocal-NY added that, while there were roughly 7 naked protesters inside, there were dozens more protesting in the hallway.
26-year-old Michael Tikili of New York City explained that he is HIV-positive and depends on Medicaid for treatment.
“Just the idea of these programs being cut is horrible,” Tikili said.
At least 3 of the protesters were quickly arrested for indecent exposure, according to Geidner, and seemingly given something to wear.
40-year-old Jennifer Flynn, who was among those arrested, declared: “People with AIDS are sick and tired of being pushed over the cliff…We need to make sure they stop going after people with AIDS.”
Here are some photos of the arrests:
Social media outlets exploded with the news almost immediately, and Twitchy captured some of the best tweets.
“If you insist on naked protesting, at least be hot…” @DinaFraioli objected.
“For once, I wish there was a govt cover-up,” Michelle Malkin added.
It doesn’t seem like these activists will be “tightening their belts” in the “collective” effort to cope with the national debt anytime soon!
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Naked Man Perched on Statue Closes Down Section of Road in Central London
- Caption That Photo! Boehner and Obama
- Former TX Occupier Launches ‘Fantasy’ Naked Maid Service
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 504 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 459 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 443 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 323 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 250 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 146 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Malaysian charged with sedition, 2 more arrested
- Submerged structure stumps Israeli archaeologists
- Police: Car bomb kills 12 in southwest Pakistan
- Asia stocks slide as China factory output slips
- Survey shows China manufacturing contracting
- Teen birth rates decline in most US states
- Nearly all US states see hefty drop in teen births
- Penguins rout Senators 7-3, take 3-1 series lead