Critics Go Berserk, Hurl Insults at Beck Over ‘Obama in Pee Pee’: ‘F**kwit,’ ‘Worse Than Feces’ & ‘Enjoy Hell’
Many on the left are reeling after radio and television host Glenn Beck exercised his First Amendment rights in the creation of his own Obama-themed piece of art. As TheBlaze reported on Tuesday, Beck submerged an Obama “bobblehead” doll in faux urine. His reasoning? To highlight the hypocrisy of individuals who would decry his creation, yet defend the desecration of Christian themes (like this image of a crucified Obama).
Obviously, as noted by TheBlaze’s Tiffany Gabbay, Beck’s project is similar to the infamous anti-Christian photograph titled “Piss Christ,” showing a small plastic crucifix soaked in the artist’s real urine.
The reaction to his “art” has been swift, with left-of-center outlets lambasting the action and with Twitter users hurling slurs at Beck. One individual took to the social media platform to call the host “disgusting and disrespectful” and a “F**kwit.” Another promised to “slap” the commentator if she ever encounters him in person. And yet another dubbed him “WORSE than feces.” Here are some of these responses, as captured by Twitchy:
Of course, the Twitter rants didn’t end there. Someone else told Beck, “I hope you enjoy hell as*hole.” Another more sinister message read, “I’d like to put ‘Beck’ in his jar urine with his GOP buddies. Then put an air tight lid on it.” Discussion wasn’t limited only to Twitter.
Now that he’s cornered the denim market, noted patriot Glenn Beck has set his sights on an even more lucrative business. As part of a bizarre campaign to prove the importance of the first amendment, Beck filled a jar with what he at first claimed to be urine (it was at first reported to be beer but later revealed to be water with food coloring) and then placed an Obama toy inside. He has plans to sell the “art,” which Beck titled “Obama in Pee Pee,” on his website for the reasonable price of $25,000.
The stunt was prompted by a Boston artist who painted Obama crucified on the cross. You know, like Jesus. Naturally, Beck and his ilk didn’t approve of the painting but, being theunstable person freethinker he is, Beck decided to show his support for the artist’s first amendment right by sealing a toy of Obama inside a jar of fake piss.
However, what these outlets and social media users seem to be missing is that this action was taken to show hypocrisy among those who would condemn Beck over his Obama-centric art, yet support (or remain silent) when artwork disparaging Christ is created.
Additionally, as Gabbay noted, it highlights the hypocrisy of those who rail against disparaging Islam’s Prophet Muhammad. These same individuals remain silent or typically ignore the same treatment of Jesus and Christian symbolism.
This post has been updated to reflect that the content of Beck’s mason jar was in fact water with food coloring, not beer.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 478 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 400 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 349 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 330 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 287 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 202 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 146 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 109 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Man who kidnapped 2 Iowa girls had long record
- Arias jury deadlocked but must continue
- Kerry: US, allies, ready to step up aid rebels
- Fiat Industrial aims to shift tax home to Britain
- Jurors in Jodi Arias case say they're unable to reach decision; judge sends them back
- Flooding forces evacuation of 1,300 in ND town
- Attorney: Donald Trump lied on stand
- Fed weighed slowing its pace of bond purchases