Joe Biden Went to Costco Today — Here Are the Hilarious Photos
Vice President Joe Biden paid a visit to Washington, D.C.’s first Costco store on Thursday where his shopping haul included children’s books, fire logs, a 32-inch TV and an apple pie.
Excited shoppers whipped out cell phones to snap photos of Biden, who was there on the day of the big-box store’s grand opening.
According to the White House pool report, Biden did a loop of nearly the entire store, including the bakery and frozen foods sections, and partook in several Costco food samples. He turned down Costco employees trying to tempt him into the tire department, telling them, “Hey man, I don’t need tires. I don’t drive anymore.”
Biden flashed a Costco membership card at the store’s entrance, telling the crowd it was his own card.
“In all honesty, I didn’t have my own card, Jill wouldn’t let me have one,” he said, according to the pool report. “I went to get my wife’s card, and she said, ‘No, No, get your own card.’”
A White House official said the Bidens’ Costco memberships were re-activated the day before and they paid $55 to receive new cards.
Biden called for extending tax cuts for the middle class and said the new store’s huge crowd was evidence of growing consumer confidence. He said, “consumer confidence is growing, the last thing we need to do is dash that” by imposing tax increases. The looming “fiscal cliff” will trigger a series of automatic spending cuts and tax increases unless Congress can reach a deal before the end of the year.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,016 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 453 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 420 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 221 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 200 Comments
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 118 Comments
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have No Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- Court strikes down Arizona 20-week abortion ban
- Police defend officer who shot NY college student
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Senate Judiciary Committee approves landmark immigration bill offering citizenship to millions
- Man charged in death of missing Maine teenager
- Nick Jonas, Giuliana Rancic to host Miss USA
- Pentagon wants $450M for Guantanamo prison
- Jury weighing Jodi Arias' fate adjourns for day