Joe Biden Went to Costco Today — Here Are the Hilarious Photos
Vice President Joe Biden paid a visit to Washington, D.C.’s first Costco store on Thursday where his shopping haul included children’s books, fire logs, a 32-inch TV and an apple pie.
Excited shoppers whipped out cell phones to snap photos of Biden, who was there on the day of the big-box store’s grand opening.
According to the White House pool report, Biden did a loop of nearly the entire store, including the bakery and frozen foods sections, and partook in several Costco food samples. He turned down Costco employees trying to tempt him into the tire department, telling them, “Hey man, I don’t need tires. I don’t drive anymore.”
Biden flashed a Costco membership card at the store’s entrance, telling the crowd it was his own card.
“In all honesty, I didn’t have my own card, Jill wouldn’t let me have one,” he said, according to the pool report. “I went to get my wife’s card, and she said, ‘No, No, get your own card.’”
A White House official said the Bidens’ Costco memberships were re-activated the day before and they paid $55 to receive new cards.
Biden called for extending tax cuts for the middle class and said the new store’s huge crowd was evidence of growing consumer confidence. He said, “consumer confidence is growing, the last thing we need to do is dash that” by imposing tax increases. The looming “fiscal cliff” will trigger a series of automatic spending cuts and tax increases unless Congress can reach a deal before the end of the year.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 527 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 466 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 455 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 338 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 325 Comments
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 275 Comments
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- 5 dead in Lebanon clash of Assad foes, backers
- AP Interview: Rogge praises wrestling's changes
- Restaurant torched in 4th night of Sweden riots
- Man shot by FBI had ties to Boston bombing suspect
- Ralph Lauren's 4Q profit rises 35 pct
- Father of man shot in Boston probe shares regrets
- Russian court denies Pussy Riot's Alekhina parole
- Britain: Soldier slaying suspects had been probed