Talk Show Host Purposely Lights Magician Guest’s Head on Fire — And It Wasn’t a Magic Trick
A Dominican talk show host lit Las Vegas magician Wayne Houchin’s head on fire during the taping of a show — that much we know. What we don’t know is exactly why “Approach the Stars” host Franklin Barazarte decided to set his guest’s hair ablaze.
Meanwhile, Houchin is describing the incident as a “criminal attack” that caught him completely off guard. The magician suffered severe burns on his head, face and neck and is still in a great deal of pain.
“I was not aware he was going to do this. This was not a stunt or part of an act – this was a criminal attack,” Houchin wrote on his Facebook page. “I am in pain, but am recovering. I will update you on the situation when I can.”
He also thanked the producers of “Curiosidades,” the show he was promoting on “Approach the Stars,” for acting quickly and putting him out.
The wild incident was captured on video (Warning! Strong language):
Some have claimed Barazarte drenched Houchin in an extremely flammable liquid used by Caribbean shamans “in healing and cleansing rituals,” according to Gawker.
Also included on Houchin’s Facebook page is a link to a statement put out by the producers of “Curiosidades” who accuse Barazarte of trying to “bless” away Houchin’s evil spirits in some sort of exorcism-style ritual.
Houchin is a co-host on Discovery Channel’s “Breaking Magic.” It is unclear whether Barazarte will be criminally charged for the bizarre attack.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 496 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 477 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 467 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 379 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 317 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 175 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 294 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 124 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Stocks end lower as investors reassess Fed worries
- NASA head views progress on asteroid lasso mission
- Pandora posts in-line 1Q loss, upbeat sales
- Coded goal: RG3 still aiming for Redskins' opener
- Body of 2nd child found in deadly Minn. landslide
- David Beckham bids au revoir to soccer
- Gap's 1st-quarter profits rises 43 percent
- Committee hits stretch run for NY-NJ Super Bowl