Girl Bitten While Feeding Dolphin at SeaWorld — Dad Catches it on Camera
An 8-year-old girl was bitten by a dolphin she was feeding at SeaWorld in a frightening moment caught on camera by her father.
The incident occurred during a Nov. 21 visit to SeaWorld Orlando. Jillian Thomas was feeding the dolphins fish when she held up her paper tray and said it was empty. That’s when a dolphin lunged out of the water and sank its teeth into Jillian’s arm, pulling her toward the pool before letting go.
Her father, Jamie Thomas, uploaded the footage to YouTube on Saturday, posting, “We wanted to share this video so others can make an informed decision about whether or not the risks to yourself or your child are worth the experience.”
Thomas told WKMG-TV he quickly rushed to his daughter’s side, fearing she’d be pulled into the water.
“We think that attraction at SeaWorld is dangerous and it was traumatic for us to go through that event,” he said.
He said the bite caused three puncture wounds to Jillian’s arm, adding that she saw a doctor when the family returned home to Atlanta and was doing much better.
In a statement to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, SeaWorld said “nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our guests, employees and animals” and that it would “certainly take the situation seriously.”
“Educators and animal care staff were at the attraction when this happened and immediately connected with the family,” the statement said. “In addition, a member of our health services team was in the area at Dolphin Cove and quickly responded and treated the young girl. The video had not been previously shared with us and we have not a chance to assess it but certainly take the situation seriously.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,041 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 437 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 313 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 254 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 166 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 114 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 103 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 136 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Investors edgy ahead of Bernanke testimony
- Lowe's 1Q profit rises, but results miss Street
- Irishman charged with 1982 IRA Hyde Park bombing
- Pussy Riot member declares hunger strike in prison
- Germany backs terror label for Hezbollah militants
- Germany celebrates composer Wagner's 200th
- Ahead of the Bell: HP's 2Q results likely to sag
- Kenya's truth report: Killings, land grabs, graft