Shocking: 4 Bodies Discovered Face-Down in ‘Very Safe’ California Neighborhood
(TheBlaze/AP) — The bodies of four people who had been shot to death were found face-down Sunday outside a suburban Southern California home that apparently served as an unlicensed boarding house, authorities said.
Los Angeles police were seeking a motive for the attacks at the house in Northridge, in the San Fernando Valley, but have divulged little information about their theories.
Lt. Terri Brinkmeyer said a 911 call led police to the large house around 4:30 a.m., where they found the bodies on a side yard of the property.
The dead were two women in their mid-20s, a man in his mid-30s and another man in his late-40s, Capt. William Hayes said at a news conference.
Investigators were questioning several people who were on the property at the time of the shooting, but no one has been detained or arrested. Hayes said no weapon was found at the scene.
Los Angeles City Councilman Mitchell Englander, who represents the area, said the house was split into several units for rent. He said at least a dozen people lived in the house, which contained several bedrooms, kitchenettes and mattresses on the floor.
“It appears from the nature of things that this was an unlicensed boarding facility,” Englander said from the crime scene. He noted that one bedroom was only accessible through a window.
The house was on street lined with houses, schools and places of worship.
“This is a very safe neighborhood. This type of thing doesn’t normally happen here,” Englander said.
KTLA-5 has more, via The Huffington Post:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 501 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 461 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 458 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 339 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 323 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 100 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 188 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? 125 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- Venezuela to create new workers militia
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- 6 Wyeth paintings fetch $2M at NYC auction
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Ruby says her sworn statements were lies
- Barrick fined $16m for Pascua-Lama violations
- Roger Federer, always at Grand Slam tournaments
- Some unions now angry about health care overhaul