‘The Government Shouldn’t Have Let Him Have Kids’: Disturbing Possible Motives for Man Who Killed Father With Bow & Arrow Emerge
(TheBlaze/AP) — A man who police say killed his father, a woman and himself in Wyoming on Friday told a neighbor in Connecticut weeks before the killings that he believed his father gave him Asperger’s syndrome and said his dad should be “castrated” to prevent him from having more children.
Neighbor Matt DiPinto of Vernon, Conn., told local reporters that Christopher Krumm made the comments while giving him a ride home a few weeks ago.
“He’s like, `So my dad gave me Asperger’s … and my dad should have never had any kids. He should have never had me and passed it on to me, and the government shouldn’t have let him have kids,’” DiPinto told Fox affiliate WTIC-TV. “It was just out of nowhere … but he seemed pretty livid about it.”
Police in Casper, Wyo., say Krumm shot an arrow into the head of his father, James Krumm, with a high-powered bow Friday while his father was teaching a computer science class at Casper College.
James Krumm, 56, managed to wrestle with his 25-year-old son and gave time for about six students to flee, an act police called heroic. Authorities say both men died after Christopher Krumm stabbed himself and then his father. Before the classroom attack, police say Christopher Krumm fatally stabbed his father’s live-in girlfriend, Heidi Arnold, 42, at the home she shared with James Krumm about two miles from campus.
The motive for the attack isn’t clear.
Vernon police searched Christopher Krumm’s apartment on Friday night. Officers didn’t disclose what they found, but said any items of interest would be turned over to investigators in Wyoming.
NECN has more:
Neighbors say Christopher Krumm moved into the apartment building last summer and appeared to work in construction or for a utility, because he wore a neon safety vest, The Hartford Courant reported. They say he was quiet and appeared to be anti-social.
The killings stunned people in the apartment building.
“It’s so insane,” said Kim Warren, another of Christopher Krumm’s neighbors. “You never would have guessed he would have done something like that.”
Mickie Goodro, of Twin Falls, Idaho, a friend of James Krumm and Arnold, told the Casper Star-Tribune that Christopher Krumm was in her Calculus class when she taught at Casper College. Krumm graduated from Natrona County High School in Casper in 2005 and studied electrical engineering at Colorado School of Mines, the newspaper reported.
Christopher Krumm’s previous addresses include one in the western Massachusetts city of Springfield and others in the Colorado cities of Golden, Fort Collins and Lakewood.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 516 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 476 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 465 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 324 Comments
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Hero Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) 293 Comments
- There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor Read More
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 119 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 131 Comments
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy
- Barrick fined $16m for Pascua-Lama violations
- Kid Rock, Rolling Stones on scalping, summer tours
- Arellano Felix drug cartel figure pleads guilty
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Obama: Sexual assault threatens trust in military
- Iran presidential candidate vows to resist West
- Berlusconi looms large in Rome mayor election