Remember Those UFOs Captured on Video in Denver? News Station Rules Out One Possibility
In mid-November, TheBlaze reported about mysterious UFOs captured on video by both a tipster and the news station originally reporting it. Turns out the Denver station wasn’t willing to let the case lie with some of the unsatisfying explanations they were getting.
In a follow-up story, KDVR-TV reported that they’d heard ideas of everything from “Obama’s drones” to remote-controlled aircraft to bugs. Bringing in entomologist — a.k.a. bug expert — Mary Ann Hamilton, the station heard that the “UFOs” flying across the cameras’ frame of view were not insects, which was the most popular explanation:
“This is a toughie. I’ve never seen anything like this,” she said.
Hamilton watched the video over and over again, then she gave us her professional opinion. “After watching the various shots, I do not believe it’s an insect. The shape is inconsistent with an insect,” she said.
With that, KDVR believes the jury is still out as to what the specks could be.
Watch KDVR’s follow-up report:
Others maintain insect status though. The Huffington Post reported Bryan Bonner with the Rocky Mountain Paranormal Research Society saying the group went to the site where the footage was taken in both cases and brought a bug net with them in addition to cameras.
“It seems to be a combination,” Bonner told the Huffington Post. “Yes, there are bugs, but there are some obvious birds in there, too. You can see wings flapping.”
The group even experimented with a fly to show how certain filming conditions would make the bug look. They glued the fly to a piece of glass and took a picture of it 10 inches away in focus and then several times at 10 inches with the background in focus. They also photographed it from five feet away. These latter images showed similar blurs as to what was seen in KDVR’s videos. Read more about the Rocky Mountain Paranormal Research Society’s investigation here.
Bonner told the Huffington Post they contacted KDVR with this information, but they didn’t seem to bite:
“We called them and apparently they were offended because we told them it was bugs. I think they want somebody that will come in and confirm that it’s not bugs. Because it would make them look really silly if we come in and tell them we’ve pretty much proven what this is.”
“Anytime there’s a report of any bizarre happening, don’t just take it at face value. Use some critical thinking, go in and investigate it and find out what the facts are.”
Watch this video from the Rocky Mountain Paranormal Research Society’s fly experiment:
The Huffington Post also noted skeptic Phil Plait on his blog Bad Astronomy saying, ”I know: UFO means Unidentified Flying Object, and since no one could identify them, these are by definition UFOs. Except they aren’t. They’re insects.”
Let us know what you think in the comments.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,036 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 436 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 312 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 149 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 224 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 106 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Maine man charged in death of missing teen
- Weak yen a help for Japan, but headache elsewhere
- Portland, Ore., rejecting water fluoridation
- Conn. rail service returning to normal
- Hosseini discusses new novel at NYC reading
- Young objector challenges Israeli army
- Egypt: 7 security men kidnapped in Sinai freed
- Garcetti holds slim lead as LA picks new mayor