Fed-Up Homeowner Catches Thief in the Act With Homemade Security System
A Florida homeowner who had been robbed twice before finally got fed up with having his belongings stolen, and ginned up his own improvised security system.
To the surprise of many, it actually worked.
Contrived using just an old computer, a couple of cameras and a motion detector, its brilliance lies in its simplicity.
On November 29th, the homeowner called 911 telling the operator someone was breaking into his house.
The homeowner told the 911 operator that he received an “email” that his home camera motion sensor went off and that someone was actively breaking into his home.
This was confirmed by a photo of the unknown suspect that was in his residence, being transmitted to his phone.
Deputies were immediately dispatched and upon arrival found a white male, Charles Futch, III leaving from the residence.
The homeowner was able to provide pictures from his home security cameras that show the suspect in the living room, kitchen and master bedroom areas of the residence.
Futch was arrested and later admitted to the crime. [Emphasis added]
It’s not clear whether Futch was related to the previous robberies, but he has been charged with larceny, burglary and one misdemeanor of property damage/criminal mischief, according to WTEV47.
The relatively simple security device allowed the homeowner near-instant access to his home which, at robbery number three, was invaluable.
Here’s some of the video of the intruder, via WTEV47:
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 591 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 520 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 392 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 336 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 322 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 278 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 151 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Late turnovers doom Heat in Game 2 loss, 97-93
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals