Man Haunted by Image of a Newborn Inside a Garbage Bag He Was Handed Outside of Va. Hospital (But There’s a Happy Ending)
Justin Goldfarb of Portsmouth, Va., was intending to visit his girlfriend at the hospital Saturday when, still outside the building, he was handed a plastic garbage bag that has haunted his dreams in the nights since.
Goldfarb told WTKR a woman got out of her car as he was about to enter Maryview Hospital and said:
“Hey you, can you come here, and I didn’t think she was talking to me, so I walked over there and she was like, ‘You need to take that bag inside,’” Goldfarb said. “She was nervous, she was scratching her arms and forearms, I guess she was kind of nervous.”
Once inside with the bag, Goldfarb alerted a nurse. Then they looked inside, a newborn baby was seen, bloody and cold to the touch.
“It was dripping out the bottom of the bag, I don’t think it was gushing,” Goldfarb told WTKR.
Thankfully, the nurses say the baby is doing well now. According to WAVY, the staff has named him David, after the Biblical Old Testament king.
“I said if I wasn’t so old and a grandmother, I would stick him in my pocket and just go with him,” nurse Debbie Parker said, according to WAVY.
Parker said if the baby not been brought in when he was, it might have been too late for him.
Here’s WAVY’s video news report:
Although it appears to be a case under the state’s Save Haven Law, which allows parents to leave a baby at a hospital without charges, WAVY reported that police are investigating and charges could be pending. David is under custody of Portsmouth Child Protective Services and will be placed into foster care.
As for Goldfarb who brought the baby in, he told WTKR the horrifying image is one he’ll “remember [...] when I’m old and in a wheelchair.”
Watch WTKR’s report:
(H/T: Daily Mail)
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 504 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 469 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 391 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 390 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 327 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 100 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 202 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 139 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 102 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 125 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Red Wings top Blackhawks 2-0, take 3-1 series lead
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Asia stock markets edge up after big sell-off
- Chinese media: North Korea envoy offers talks
- I-5 bridge collapses in NW Wash.; people in water
- Wash. State Patrol: I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River; sends vehicles, people into water
- NJ franchisee: We'll fix any fake-liquor problems
- Rep. Jo Bonner resigning to take Ala. college post