Real-Life Grinch? Texas Teacher Tells Kindergarteners Santa Is Fake
An Austin, Texas afterschool teacher has one kindergartener’s parents furious after she told students Santa Claus was fake, the Houston Press reported.
Susan Tietz Gammage said her 5-year-old daughter, Aven, came home from Pease Elementary School last week and asked if what Mrs. Fuller said was true.
“She said ‘None of you believe in Santa do you?’ and said that you and mommy buy all our presents and put them under the tree. She said that you should tell us the truth,” Gammage said her daughter told them.
Gammage said coming clean about Claus is definitely not the school’s place: “Another adult has no right to submit their own beliefs on a group of 5-year-olds and their families — about Santa, God, politics or whatever — especially phrased ‘your belief is not right,’” she wrote on her Facebook page.
“To break that harsh reality to them in such a brutal way is just wrong,” she told the Houston Press. “Especially since these kids are 5. She is just really getting into Santa.”
It’s apparently not just the one teacher who refused to get into the Christmas spirit — Gammage said another parent told her about another teacher who informed a student that their drawing of Santa Claus needed to be labeled imaginary.
Gammage said she contacted the principal, who was “horrified” by what the instructors had done and gave her daughter’s teacher “tools to deal with this situation” in the future.
A woman who answered the phone at Pease Elementary confirmed they had an afterschool teacher named Sonia Fuller on staff, but said she hadn’t heard about the controversy.
Another representative from the school did not immediately return an emailed request for comment from TheBlaze.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 494 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 456 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 444 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 335 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 322 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ Read More
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 167 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 114 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- Britain braces for possible copycat attacks
- Truck in Wash. span collapse hauled drilling equip
- Cyclist tests positive for EPO, risks life ban
- 18 hurt in shuttle bus crash near Atlanta airport
- US: Czech slaying suspect killed relatives
- NKorean envoy delivers letter to China's president
- China, Switzerland to seal free trade deal
- Defending champ Keselowski tries to build on title