Allen West: ‘Silly’ for Republicans to Negotiate With ‘Marxist, Socialist, Rigid Ideologue’ Obama
Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) on Thursday called it “silly” for Republicans to negotiate with “Marxist, socialist, rigid ideologue” President Barack Obama.
Speaking on Mark Levin’s radio program, West said the GOP needs to stop its “circular firing squad” and focus on “unity based upon principles.”
“This whole thing about having having negotiations with President Obama is silly,” West said. “President Obama is Marxist, socialist, rigid ideologue and for whatever reason, he believes he has some self-conceived mandate to go out and further destroy and ruin our economy.”
House Republicans and the White House have been deadlocked over how to deal with the looming “fiscal cliff,” which will trigger automatic tax hikes and sharp spending cuts unless both sides can reach a budget agreement before the end of the year.
West, a Tea Party firebrand who lost his re-election bid last month, said that instead of wasting time negotiating with Obama, it’s up to House members to go out and “pass good policy,” then turn to the media and say, “we’ve done our job now what are you going to do.”
Listen to the full interview below, relevant portion begins at the 2:30 mark.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 465 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 323 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 280 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 257 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 108 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 195 Comments
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 132 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 105 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 142 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Syrian opposition urges rebels to join key battle
- Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor over Greuel
- Redford swept away in shipwreck saga 'All is Lost'
- UK, Denmark eyes visas for Afghan interpreters
- Official: Treasury played no role in IRS targeting
- Stocks edge higher as investors watch the Fed
- Richard Carrion declares IOC presidential bid