Hypocrisy? Jon Stewart Confronts Gov. Chris Christie for Accepting Disaster Funds — But Vetoing His State Health Care Exchange
On Thursday evening, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie appeared on “The Daily Show,” where he and host Jon Stewart discussed and debated a plethora of issues. From chatting about their mutual love for singer Bruce Springsteen to accusations that the Republican leader is being hypocritical in his efforts to lobby for additional federal funds, the discussion was diverse.
NJ.com provides a recap of some of the more noteworthy discussion surrounding the political nature of the dialogue:
…the interview turned political quickly with the unapologetically liberal Stewart implying that Christie was hypocritical for lobbying for federal funding for Sandy recover and rebuilding on the same day he vetoed the health exchanges, a major tenant of the Affordable Care Act.
“People have different skill sets at different times,” Christie said, adding he and Obama didn’t discuss the health care law when they met in the Oval office earlier in the day.
“I think he understands there’s all different kinds of issues. You’ll agree on some, disagree on others.”
In the first few minutes of the interview, though, the men found common ground. After discussing New Jersey and their joint hope that the state rebounds following Hurricane Sandy, Christie described meeting and hugging Springsteen. Watch part one, below:
In the second part of the interview, Stewart confronted Christie about the Republican Party’s view on health care and the governor’s recent veto of exchanges in New Jersey.
Watch part two of the interview, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 580 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 518 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 495 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 385 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 335 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 313 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 268 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 150 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Sanchez loses no-hit bid in 9th, Tigers beat Twins
- No shave for Johnson after Nats top Phillies 5-2
- Dead Pa. baby's dad believes in 'divine healing'
- Cochran, Perry tied for lead in Senior PGA
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- NKorean envoy delivers letter to China's president
- Zimmermann wins 8th; Nationals top Phillies 5-2
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US