Man Gets So Angry With His Neighbors He…Drives His Car Into Their House
So you’re feuding with your neighbors, do you a) confront them; b) go to the police; or c) ram your car through their living room?
If you’re 47-year-old Malcolm Cookson from San Diego, the answer is c.
ABC News in San Diego has more:
10News learned the driver, identified as 47-year-old Malcolm Cookson, had been embroiled a series of disputes with homeowners Virgil and Alexia Lopez. Neighbors said Cookson suffers from Huntington’s disease and paranoia.
The Lopez family said they filed a temporary restraining order against Cookson after a series of issues ranging from vandalism — the couple said Cookson slashed tires and poured oil on their driveway — to Cookson’s accusation that his neighbor was attracted to his wife, Valerie.
Police believe the disputes may have prompted Cookson to intentionally crash his wife’s car into the home.
“What happened basically was our mentally ill neighbor, who has been doing lots of different things to us since July, drove into our house,” Alexia Lopez said. The station reports Cookson suffers from Huntington’s Disease.
The couple wasn’t home at the time, but another relative and the couple’s baby were. They were unharmed. Cookson was taken to a mental health facility for evaluation.
As for the car, well, it’s now adding insult to injury: It must stay inside the house until a structural engineer can evaluate the situation.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 478 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 407 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 355 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 330 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 290 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 205 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 116 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 146 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 109 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Flooding forces evacuation of 1,300 in ND town
- Cannes: Scott Thomas' glorious dip into darkness
- Benghazi review leader OKs meeting with committee
- Cameron: 'Indications' London attack terror
- Weiner launches comeback bid to become NYC mayor
- Arias jury deadlocked but must continue
- Key House chairman slams Senate immigration bill
- Stocks fall on news Fed weighed cutting stimulus