Parents Charged After Egging on Teen Daughter in Fight Video That Goes Viral
Two parents in Georgia have been charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor after they picked up their seventh-grade daughter and brought her to a bus stop in order to brawl with a fellow student.
WSB-TV has more:
Police charged Timothy Taylor and Shequita Cade with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
They also charged Taylor with battery after the video showed him bringing his daughter, a seventh-grade student at Tucker Middle School, to fight with another girl at their bus stop on Post Oak Drive.
Taylor can be heard on the video shouting, “nobody better try to jump in neither”.
Someone was around to take video of the scuffle (although it’s unclear who) and posted it on YouTube. It quickly went viral. WSB-TV has an edited version of the raw footage below:
“My child could have died. She could have hit the concrete the wrong way. Their child could have died. And then who’s charged with the murder?” Quateka Durden told the news station regarding her 14-year-old daughter, Quinnaya.
Despite the father’s command that no one step in, a neighbor eventually broke up the fight:
It’s unclear what, exactly, prompted the assault. Taylor and Cade apparently told police that Durden had been bullying their daughter. A separate hearing is scheduled at school for Monday.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 532 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 468 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 459 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 345 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- ECB official: New bank authority 'indispensable'
- Taliban rickshaw bomb kills 13 in Pakistan
- Bronx 'ghetto' tours stop amid residents' outrage
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- 25 killed in 2 simultaneous car bombs in Niger
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest _ for now
- Malaysian charged with sedition, 3 more arrested
- Report: Rafsanjani blasts Iran's rulers