Allen West Doubles Down: ‘Marxist, Socialist’ Obama Right to Feel ‘Arrogant’ After Election — Here’s Why
Rep. Allen West (R-FL), who recently lost his re-election bid to Democratic challenger Patrick Murphy, appeared on Fox News with Sean Hannity Monday to discuss his recent comments to radio host Mark Levin.
West said to Levin on Thursday: “This whole thing about having having negotiations with President Obama is silly…President Obama is Marxist, socialist, rigid ideologue and for whatever reason, he believes he has some self-conceived mandate to go out and further destroy and ruin our economy.”
West elaborated for Hannity Monday, saying President Obama has every right to feel “arrogant” after winning re-election since he will never be held accountable for the policies he’s implementing. According to West, the only thing Republicans can do is have “unity based on principles” and stop with the “circular firing squad.”
But the discussion began with a thorough explanation of why West is saying the president is a Marxist and a socialist; it is not just an arbitrary insult.
West calmly listed one reason after another:
I think when you sit down and you look at the policies that have emanated from President Obama, his administration, this entire class warfare rhetoric that we continue to hear is definitely a Marxist theory. When you look at the nationalizing of production– be it the health care industry, Dodd Frank with the financial industry, the automobile industry, what Lisa Jackson and the EPA are doing to the energy sector, and of course the National Labor Relations Board– that’s nationalizing production.
When you look at the incredible expansion of the welfare nanny state, and all of the sudden belief in economic fairness, economic patriotism, fairness and fair shot– those are the types of theories that are not consistent with a constitutional republic, definitely not consistent with our Founding Fathers and the type of people they read, be it Rousseau, Montesquieu, or John Locke. [Emphasis added]
So how does that affect current discussions in Washington? Does Obama have to be concerned with the results of his policies, or just the immediate gratification of his electorate?
So when you talk about the arrogance of the president– we re-elected someone that went from 10.6 trillion to 16 trillion in debt. We’ve had four straight years of trillion dollar deficits. We’ve had incredible, earth-shattering numbers of Americans in poverty, Americans on food stamps. We’ve seen a 32% increase in welfare spending. We’ve seen gas prices being exorbitantly high.
So he has every right to be arrogant, and feel that he is never going to be held responsible.
Watch the entire exchange, via Gateway Pundit, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 578 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 515 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 492 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 384 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 335 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 309 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 265 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 148 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Dead Pa. baby's dad believes in 'divine healing'
- Cochran, Perry tied for lead in Senior PGA
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- NKorean envoy delivers letter to China's president
- Sanchez loses no-hit bid in 9th, Tigers beat Twins
- Zimmermann wins 8th; Nationals top Phillies 5-2
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Calif. teen takes supermodel to prom