Allen West Doubles Down: ‘Marxist, Socialist’ Obama Right to Feel ‘Arrogant’ After Election — Here’s Why
Rep. Allen West (R-FL), who recently lost his re-election bid to Democratic challenger Patrick Murphy, appeared on Fox News with Sean Hannity Monday to discuss his recent comments to radio host Mark Levin.
West said to Levin on Thursday: “This whole thing about having having negotiations with President Obama is silly…President Obama is Marxist, socialist, rigid ideologue and for whatever reason, he believes he has some self-conceived mandate to go out and further destroy and ruin our economy.”
West elaborated for Hannity Monday, saying President Obama has every right to feel “arrogant” after winning re-election since he will never be held accountable for the policies he’s implementing. According to West, the only thing Republicans can do is have “unity based on principles” and stop with the “circular firing squad.”
But the discussion began with a thorough explanation of why West is saying the president is a Marxist and a socialist; it is not just an arbitrary insult.
West calmly listed one reason after another:
I think when you sit down and you look at the policies that have emanated from President Obama, his administration, this entire class warfare rhetoric that we continue to hear is definitely a Marxist theory. When you look at the nationalizing of production– be it the health care industry, Dodd Frank with the financial industry, the automobile industry, what Lisa Jackson and the EPA are doing to the energy sector, and of course the National Labor Relations Board– that’s nationalizing production.
When you look at the incredible expansion of the welfare nanny state, and all of the sudden belief in economic fairness, economic patriotism, fairness and fair shot– those are the types of theories that are not consistent with a constitutional republic, definitely not consistent with our Founding Fathers and the type of people they read, be it Rousseau, Montesquieu, or John Locke. [Emphasis added]
So how does that affect current discussions in Washington? Does Obama have to be concerned with the results of his policies, or just the immediate gratification of his electorate?
So when you talk about the arrogance of the president– we re-elected someone that went from 10.6 trillion to 16 trillion in debt. We’ve had four straight years of trillion dollar deficits. We’ve had incredible, earth-shattering numbers of Americans in poverty, Americans on food stamps. We’ve seen a 32% increase in welfare spending. We’ve seen gas prices being exorbitantly high.
So he has every right to be arrogant, and feel that he is never going to be held responsible.
Watch the entire exchange, via Gateway Pundit, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,025 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 459 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 430 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 307 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 246 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 106 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 220 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 130 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Veteran DB Charles Woodson returns to Raiders
- Asia stocks rise as Fed official backs easy policy
- Singer Kellie Pickler named new 'Dancing' champ
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Garcia, Woods take their shots at each other
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Owner: Chinese boat's captain beaten by NKoreans