‘Real News’: Marijuana Legalization Begins in Colorado, What Will Feds Do?
This year two states voted to legalize the recreational use of Marijuana, Washington and Colorado–where Governor John Hickenlooper signed the voter-approved legalization Monday. Many say that the recent legalization reflects a growing national feeling that Marijuana should be left to the states. Nationally, marijuana legalization draws just short of majority support.
However, according to a recent Gallup Poll, 64 percent of Americans say they do not want the federal government to enforce its anti-marijuana laws in those states where voters have recently legalized. Despite this sentiment, the issue is likely to cause conflict between state and federal governments. One plan to settle this dispute that the feds are considering now would be where they arrest only a low level of users to test the laws in the courts.
‘Real News’ Monday looked at the points of contention between enforcing federal law and respecting states rights, and other questions that come up when looking at the legalization argument:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 467 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 441 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 337 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 326 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 263 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 158 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 202 Comments
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 140 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 145 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 100 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Feds open special inspection into NC nuke plant
- IRS official Lerner: 'I did nothing wrong'
- Chinese premier visits Pakistan, praises ties
- Iran expands nuke technology
- Complaint accuses Exxon Mobil of anti-gay bias
- Douglas, Damon dramatize a steamy show-biz affair
- Germans, French eye plan to create jobs for young
- Polish man gets quick face transplant after injury