Steven Crowder, Man Punched at Union Protest, Challenges Attacker: ‘He Can Go to Jail’ or Fight Me in ‘Sanctioned Bout for Charity’
During a union-led protest over Michigan’s now-enacted right-to-work law, Fox News contributor Steven Crowder was attacked and even punched in the face by unruly union members. The entire ordeal was captured on camera by Crowder’s crew and it appears to show an open-and-shut case of felony assault.
However, being the understanding man that he is, Crowder is offering his attacker a way to stay out of jail and keep a felony off his record. And it is unconventional, to say the least. He says he won’t press charges, but he wants a “one-on-one” with the man who sucker punched him.
“He can go to jail, or compete with me in a sanctioned bout for charity,” Crowder told TheBlaze, adding that he is completely “serious.”
While it may seem like an easy choice for the union activist, he should keep in mind when making his decision that Crowder is schooled in both mixed martial arts and wrestling.
“I’m talking about lock us in a racquetball court for a whole sanctioned mixed martial arts bout, or boxing bout, or wrestling bout – whatever he wants,” Crowder told TheBlaze. “He can name the terms and I will face him one-on-one if he wants to avoid prison.”
Something tells me that is a fight that a lot of people would pay to see. No word yet from his attacker.
Meanwhile, an anonymous donor is reportedly offering $1,000 for information leading to the arrest of the union member who struck Crowder, while Glenn Reynolds, a.k.a. Instapundit has offered another $1,000 and Dana Loesch another $200. The donation page can be found here.
“If he wins, the money raised to find him will go to the union of his choice,” Crowder added.
To watch the shocking video of the assault, click here.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 440 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 421 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 393 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 320 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 156 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 132 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 125 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 240 Comments
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 258 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 115 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- AP Source: Coach K returning to US men's team
- Jury deciding Arias' sentence adjourns for day
- FBI: Arrest made in Wash. ricin letter scare
- Family Ties: Jarrett, Petty enter NASCAR hall
- Top AEG lawyer referred to Jackson as 'freak'
- In Arias trial, TV cameras never far behind
- Float driver says train seemed still before crash
- WW II photo-documentarian Wayne Miller dies at 94