Listen to Bizarre 911 Call Made by a Dad After Carving a ‘Pentagram’ Into His 6-Year-Old Son’s Back on 12-12-12
Just after midnight on Wednesday, officers responded to a call in Richland Hills, Texas after a man told 911 operator that he carved a “pentagram” into his 6-year-old son’s back for the “holy day.”
The father, identified as Brent Troy Bartel, was eventually arrested and charged with assaulting his son on Wednesday.
The 911 call, made just minutes after midnight on 12-12-12, was as bizarre as the gruesome act itself.
“I shed some innocent blood,” Bartel told the 911 operator.
“What do you mean, sir?”
“I inscribed a pentagram on my son,” he replied.
“Why did you do that?”
“Because it’s a holy day,” the man said.
Here is an example of what a pentagram can look like:
During the same time, the boy’s mother called 911 from a neighbor’s house claiming that her husband was hurting their child.
Listen to both 911 calls via NBCDFW below:
When officers arrived at the Richland Hills home they found the 6-year-old in pajama pants, a large pentagram carved into his back. The carving actually covered the majority of his back, according to police.
More from NBCDFW:
Officers wrapped the boy in a jacket and turned him over to paramedics. The child was transported to Cooks Children’s Hospital for treatment. Child Protective Services and a crime victim liaison are working with the boy and his mother.
Police said Wednesday afternoon that the carving isn’t deep enough to require stitches and that the child is expected to be OK physically.
At the scene, officers also recovered a box cutter they believe Bartel used to make the carving.
Police arrested Bartel and charged him with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He is currently being held on a $500,000 bond.
It is unclear whether the father got 12-12-12 confused with Dec. 21, 2012, which is the day that some believe the Mayans predicted to be the end of the world.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- White House: ‘Irrelevant Fact’ Where Obama Was During Benghazi 348 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 275 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 242 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 229 Comments
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 164 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Did Christian Prayers at Gov’t Meetings in This NY Town Violate the Constitution? 177 Comments
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 182 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 139 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- How the French economy compares to Germany's, UK's
- Does France have right plan to revive its economy?
- Myanmar Muslims jailed for killing Buddhist monk
- Syrian army says it has destroyed an Israeli vehicle that crossed Golan Heights ceasefire line
- China's Li seeks stronger economic ties with India
- Crews dig through night after deadly Okla. twister
- British inflation eases by more than expected
- AP photographer describes destroyed Okla. school