Nearly 5 Million Hits in 2 Days: Snoop Dogg Pretends to Be Moses in Strange Rap Duel Against Santa
An absolutely bizarre music video has garnered nearly 5 million hits in just 2 days on YouTube. In keeping with the holiday season, rapper Snoop Dogg played the part of Moses, while having a battle of words with Santa Claus.
According to E! Online, the video was made as part of an “Epic Rap Battles of History” YouTube series.
After the two are introduced, Santa begins irreverently:
Sweet robes, Obi. One too many days in the sun?
Stop preaching, homie. Teach your flock to covet some fun
I bring joy every year, man I represent cheer
You represent sandals and a scraggly beard
I’m from the North Pole, that’s why my rhymes are so cold
I spit diamonds, but I’m serving up some fresh coal
You’ve been a naughty boy; you brought a plague of frogs
You best arrest yourself; you broke your own law
Or was there something in rule six I didn’t understand?
My list says ‘killed Egyptian dude’ — buried him in sand
After “Santa” continues in a similar vein, the music slows and Snoop Dogg blows out a puff of smoke.
He counters, taking aim at Santa Claus:
When I was high upon the mountain God revealed the truths of the earth
But he never mentioned a fat a** Papa Smurf
It takes 9 reindeers to haul your fat a**
You took the Christ out of Christmas and just added more mass
You need to stop breaking into houses and creeping and peeping on naughty kids when they’re sleeping…
You ain’t a saint, you a slaver like a pharaoh in the snow
Stop with the unpaid labor, and let my little people go
After Santa’s elves protest, saying they are “magical workers” and not unpaid labor, Snoop Dogg says he has a new “commandizzle for the group.”
“Though shall not let children sit on a grown man’s lap at the mall,” he declares.
Snoop Dogg concludes by saying he’s going to “walk off into the land of my milk and honies,” following a scantily clad back-up dancer.
Here is the entire video (content warning):
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 593 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 498 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 397 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 338 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 333 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 290 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Kerry makes sub-Saharan Africa visit
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival
- Jury foreman says life or death decision unfair
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Mosque blast kills 12 in eastern Afghanistan
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- 16 children, 1 teacher dead in Pakistan bus fire
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools