Celebrities Demand Gun Control on Twitter: ‘Stop Defending Your Right to Bear Arms. You’re Stupid’
The Connecticut school shooting that left 27 people dead — including as many as 20 children — has prompted Hollywood celebrities to demand stricter gun control because they believe it will prevent similar tragedies from occurring in the future.
“Too soon to speak out about a gun-crazy nation? No, too late,” far-left filmmaker Michael Moore tweeted. “At least THIRTY-ONE school shootings since Columbine.”
“The way to honor these dead children is to demand strict gun control, free mental health care, and an end to violence as public policy,” he added.
Screenwriter Kevin Williamson agreed. “We need gun control. Stop defending your right to bear arms. You’re stupid,” he tweeted.
Pop singer Michelle Branch tweeted: “Gun control people!!! My heart is breaking. As a parent this is my worst nightmare.”
“Parks and Recreation” star Rashida Jones said that “gun control is our only road to freedom” via her official Twitter account.
“Freedom from the fear of senselessly losing children. I’m so saddened. WE NEED LAWS NOW,” she added.
CNN host Piers Morgan wondered aloud on Twitter whether President Barack Obama would have the courage to “stand up to the American gun lobby.” He also tweeted the hashtag #guncontrol.
Martha Stewart tweeted: “Stricter gun control- why have we not adopted new rules and laws??? what is wrong with us????”
Actress Mia Farrow tweeted “gun control is no longer debatable” and called it a “moral mandate.”
Comedian Patton Oswalt tweeted “MORE gun control, MORE mental health services. It’s no longer a debate. Never was.”
Actor Alec Baldwin posted “One storm after another…. #GunControlNow” via his official Twitter account.
“NRA and Washington share portion of responsibility for today’s hideous shooting. We need reasonable gun control RIGHT NOW,” Funny or Die co-founder Adam McKay tweeted.
(H/T: Chicago Tribune)
Featured image via Getty
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 557 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 509 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 482 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 340 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 333 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 235 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 237 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 141 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- NYC lawsuit alleging Favre sent racy texts settled
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees tragedy behind him
- Journalist and author Haynes Johnson dies at 81
- Report: Yahoo, pay-TV operators among Hulu bidders
- Principal recounts storm hitting Oklahoma school
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- McIlroy, Donald miss cut at BMW PGA Championship
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US