Report: John Kerry to Be Nominated Secretary of State in ‘Next Few Days’
ABC News’ Jake Tapper wrote Saturday that Senator John Kerry (D-Mass.) will be nominated to be Secretary of State within the next few days, according to unnamed sources.
Here is his entire article:
Sources tell ABC News that President Obama has decided that he will nominate Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., to be secretary of state.
For a variety of reasons including the finalization of the process, other pending Cabinet decisions, and — more immediately — the national reaction to the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, the news will not be announced in the next few days.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who is recovering from an illness and a concussion she suffered upon fainting because of that illness, is set to retire in the next few weeks.
The White House has not confirmed the selection, but it marks the most recent development in the wild speculation as to who will replace current Sec. of State Hillary Clinton.
For weeks, many believed that Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice would be nominated– despite her apparent inability to conclude that the deadly September 11 attacks on a U.S. Consulate in Benghazi were more than overzealous reactions to an anti-Islam YouTube video.
On December 1, it was reported that Hillary Clinton preferred John Kerry to Susan Rice as her replacement, but four days later President Obama was still said to be “genuinely conflicted” about the decision.
After Susan Rice dropped her name from consideration last week, the choice may have become more straightforward.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 988 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 428 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 378 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 292 Comments
- ‘Arrogance…Abuse of Power…Rotten to the Core’: Paul Ryan Steamed Over IRS, Benghazi 198 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 139 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 177 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds 100 Comments
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Surprise: The IRS leans left — way left
- ‘First they came for Fox News…’
- Most Republicans not following news about Obama admin’s three scandals ‘very closely’
- Obama DOJ relied on 1917 Espionage Act to target ‘co-conspirator’ Fox News
- Stuart Stevens predicts racist ‘small cable show’ co-hosted by Sharpton, Weiner
- Garcia, Woods take their shots at each other
- Top figures barred from Iran's June ballot
- Deal on bin Laden evidence made in WikiLeaks case
- Los Angeles picking mayor after low-drama campaign
- ESPN cutting workforce, 'smartly managing costs'
- Lawyer: No background check done on Jackson doctor
- Rapper Chief Keef arrested at hotel near Atlanta
- Ex-Ford execs charged in Argentine torture cases