Former Police Chief: Repeal the Second Amendment
A former Seattle Police Chief on Tuesday argued that repealing the Second Amendment would help prevent the type of gun violence displayed in last week’s tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.
“I have seen over the course of my 34 years of police work countless homicide and other shooting victims — I know what bullets do to bodies,” Norm Stamper told HuffPost Live host Alicia Menendez.
He continued: “What I think is necessary is for responsible gun owners to recognize that in no way would my suggestion of repealing the Second Amendment — and not necessarily replacing it with another amendment, but I wouldn’t rule that out either — that we create legislation that makes sense for today’s world, not the world that existed at the drafting of the Constitution and certainly the Bill of Rights.”
Appearing on HuffPost Live on Tuesday, Stamper discussed some of the same ideas he proposed in a blog post on The Huffington Post.
We are in denial about our duty to stop gun violence. We’re awed by what we perceive to be the power of the National Rifle Association, and the political clout of those members of congress whose loyalty has been purchased by the NRA.
So we wait. We wait for the next slaughter, knowing it will surely come. Nothing has changed, nothing will change. Not unless we resolve to become, in the president’s aspirational words, “better than this.”
How do we accomplish that? Through repeal of the Second Amendment, and the enactment of a new constitutional amendment.
Watch the video via The Huffington Post below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 465 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 323 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 293 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 258 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 123 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 196 Comments
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 135 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 144 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- NY funeral for student accidentally shot by police
- Clearwire board approves higher Sprint offer
- Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- IRS official in center of targeting probe: 'I have not done anything wrong.'
- EU bid to label Hezbollah wing terror group
- AAA: 31.2M drivers to take Memorial Day road trip
- Iraqi premier orders army shake-up after attacks
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe