Progressives vs. The Tea Party: These Are the ‘GOP What’s Next?’ Poll Results
TheBlaze’s “GOP: What Next?” editorial series has concluded — and with some fascinating information for politicos and Republican officials, alike, to consider. If you were actively reading the associated articles, you observed a plethora of expert analysis surrounding what went wrong for the Republican Party in the 2012 presidential campaign and election. Now that the series has come to a close, we present you with the results of the “What Next?” Blaze poll that measured a variety of issues surrounding the party’s future.
In addition to checking the poll’s results, at 7:00 p.m. ET tonight TheBlaze TV’s “Wilkow!” will facilitate a special episode exploring the party’s past — and future. While you can watch the show and hear the issues being dissected, also be sure to catch up on each of the pieces in the editorial series here.
As for the poll, the results were telling. From the Tea Party’s role to the future of Progressives, you shared your views about what’s next for the GOP. Based on the results, it is overwhelmingly clear that Blaze readers believe that Tea Party members — and not Progressive Republicans — are best suited to lead the movement.
Of 796 respondents, 96 percent said that Progressives should not remain in charge. On the flip side, of the 818 readers who took the poll, 97 percent answered affirmatively when asked if they would like to see the Tea Party leading the GOP. This is no surprise, considering that 98 percent of readers who participated noted their support for the right-of-center movement.
Looking beyond which ideological construct should dominate the party’s future, 84 percent of readers believe that the Republican Party needs to go in a new direction, with only 16 percent disagreeing with this notion.
It seems experts, too, agree with this alleged need to evolve. From re-assessing the party’s moral arguments, to considering better outreach mechanisms to young and Hispanic voters – the room for improvement is grand.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 470 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 423 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 391 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 378 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 110 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 209 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 142 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 105 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 129 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Japan's PM Abe defends policies as markets settle
- Survey: German consumer confidence rises strongly
- Earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- Police: Suicidal jumper's fall kills SKorean girl
- I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river, injuring 3
- Oil falls below $94 on weak outlook for demand
- 5 climbers feared dead on world's 3rd highest peak
- Asia stocks extend losses after big sell-off