This Letter to a 6-Year-Old Sandy Hook Victim From His Best Friend Will Leave You Speechless
Many Americans are still trying to wrap their heads around the horror that befell Sandy Hook Elementary School last Friday. As the victims are laid to rest, new stories continue to emerge from the survivors — many of whom hid from the gunman or fled for their lives. Among the more recent media accounts is a somber tale — a letter that a young boy named John wrote to his best friend, six-year-old Jack Pinto, one of the 20 children tragically murdered.
The note, while short, encapsulates the level of devastation being felt, while stirring deep and intense emotion, especially when considering the unimaginable pain and loss that such young survivors are facing. As reported by Gawker, USA Today reporter Yamiche Alcindor took a picture of the letter, which included pictures of John and Jack, and posted it to Twitter.
In it, John shared his love for his friend, promising to “talk” to him in his prayers. The words are short and to the point, yet stirring, especially considering that they come from such a small child:
You are my best friend.
We had fun together.
I will miss you.
I will talk to you in my prayers.
I love you Jack.
Jack was laid to rest on Monday. A football fan, the young boy was memorialized by New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz this week, who put the child’s name on his cleats and gloves. The messages the famed player wrote read, “Jack Pinto ‘My Hero’ and “R.I.P. Jack Pinto.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 483 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 470 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 461 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 356 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 327 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 118 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Krzyzewski returning to coach USA Basketball
- ECB official: New bank authority 'indispensable'
- Newly found Pearl S. Buck book is to be published
- AP Interview: Rogge praises wrestling's changes
- Writer Chinua Achebe honored in Nigeria funeral
- Singer Nick Carter to release memoir Sept. 24
- AP Interview: Syria conflict uproots Palestinians
- Birth control coverage up for federal appeal