Shock: U.S. Olympian Admits to Living Double-Life as $600-an-Hour Las Vegas Escort
Three-time U.S. Olympian runner Suzy Favor Hamilton has admitted leading a double life as a $600-an-hour escort. She apologized Thursday for the “huge mistake” after a report by The Smoking Gun website said she had been working as a prostitute in Las Vegas.
The 44-year-old Favor Hamilton lives in Madison, Wis. The Smoking Gun reports she has been working for the last year for an escort service known as the Haley Heston firm.
Soon after the story appeared online, Hamilton released a series of tweets saying in part that she was “drawn to escorting in large part because it provided many coping mechanisms for me when I was going through a very challenging time with my marriage and my life.”
A middle-distance runner, Favor Hamilton competed for the U.S. at the Olympics in 1992, 1996 and 2000 but did not win a medal. She won seven U.S. national titles.
The Smoking Gun continues:
While Favor Hamilton…has used an alias, “Kelly Lundy,” when working as an escort, she inexplicably shared her true identity with several male clients, believing that her secret was somehow safe with strangers who paid for her company by leaving envelopes stuffed with cash on bathroom vanities in swanky hotels.
When approached by a reporter earlier this month in the lobby of a Las Vegas hotel, Favor Hamilton initially denied any connection with the escort service, Haley Heston’s Private Collection. But Favor Hamilton–who is married to her college sweetheart, a lawyer, and is the mother of a seven-year-old girl–eventually acknowledged her work as “Kelly.”
“I take full responsibility for my mistakes. I’m not the victim and I’m not going that route,” Favor Hamilton said. “I’m owning up to what I did. I would not blame anybody except myself.” She added, “Everybody in this world makes mistakes. I made a huge mistake. Huge.”
Favor Hamilton expressed concern that her story would be “sensationalized” by a reporter. It is hard, though, to imagine how that could occur. The actual events of the ex-Olympian’s past year already seem like the fever dreams of a Lifetime producer who decided to adapt Luis Bunuel’s “Belle de Jour” for basic cable.
Favor Hamilton called the escort business “exciting” and reportedly got a reprieve from her routine lifestyle by living the secret life. She said her husband, Mark, 44, was aware of her escort job but he “wasn’t supportive of this at all.”
“The couple lives in a $600,000 Madison home and appears to be in no financial distress based on a review of court and municipal records,” The Smoking Gun reports.
The Smoking Gun provides some of Favor Hamilton’s profile photos from her days as an escort:
Many of the additional photos of Favor Hamilton posted on The Smoking Gun are more sexually suggestive and explicit.
Talking about the client that she suspects outed her to a reporter, Favor Hamilton said, “He totally broke all the rules by outing me.” But she doesn’t plan on dragging the client’s name through the mud like she says he did to her.
“I don’t want to be like him. Because he is scum. And I will not become scum to make myself feel good,” she added. “I will not do it. I would suffer rather than go that route of being vindictive.”
Oblivious to the potential legal ramifications of her escort work, Favor Hamilton went on “dates” in Las Vegas and other cities where prostitution is illegal. The “dates” were arranged by the escort company, which describes itself as “the premier Boutique Escort Agency of Las Vegas.”
“I realize I have made highly irrational choices and I take full responsibility for them. I am not a victim here and knew what I was doing,” Favor Hamilton wrote Thursday via her official Twitter account.
“I have been seeking the help of a psychologist for the past few weeks and will continue to do so after I have put things together,” she added.
To read The Smoking Gun’s full report, click here.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 488 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 473 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 464 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 368 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 329 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control Read More
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 184 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 107 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- Iran's Rafsanjani blasts clerics, says report
- Kerry Kennedy, farmworker protest Wendy's in NYC
- Hurricane forecast: Another busy Atlantic season
- UK police: 2 more arrests linked to hacking death of British soldier in London.
- Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View
- Pritzker's ties to thrift, tax haven eyed
- Writer Chinua Achebe honored in Nigeria funeral
- Shareholder adviser firm paying $300,000 fine