Hot Mic Catches Reporters Bad-Mouthing NRA Presser: ‘They Basically Said It Was Everyone’s Fault But Ours’
A hot mic seemingly caught a group of reporters bad mouthing the National Rifle Association’s press conference on Friday while they waited for the daily State Department press briefing to begin.
“[The NRA] basically said it’s everybody’s fault but ours,” one reporter said, adding that NRA Chair Wayne LaPierre failed to bring up assault weapons.
LaPierre told reporters on earlier on Friday that the “only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.”
The hot mic also caught a female reporter saying the Code Pink protesters who disrupted the press conference did a “really good job” of making signs big enough to hide the NRA chair’s face, keeping it from being viewed by the cameras temporarily.
The group of reporters laughed when one said that the NRA chair was “probably packing” and that no one would be “stupid enough” to pull a gun during the event. An unknown reporter added that the security personnel at the press conference looked like WWF wrestlers and joked they probably hit one of the activists with a chair after they removed her from the room.
Listen to the conversation below:
Do you think the journalists were out of line?
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 430 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 399 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 342 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 120 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 111 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- Procter & Gamble brings back A.G. Lafley as CEO
- I-5 bridge collapse survivor: 'You hold on'
- Russia: Syrian regime may take part in peace talks
- NKorean envoy delivers letter to China's Xi
- Nadal could get Djokovic in French Open semifinals
- Attack casts spotlight on radical preachers
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- JC Chandor gains a Cannes hit with 'All Is Lost'