This Actor May Replace Kirk Cameron (& Join Nicolas Cage) in End-Times ‘Left Behind’ Film Reboot
Fans of the “Left Behind” books and movies were likely shocked to learn that the film series is being prepped for a reboot starring actor Nicholas Cage. Following the initial announcement, many have wondered about the additional names who will be added to the cast in the coming months. This week, Deadline is reporting that Chad Michael Murray, star of the now-defunct television show “One Tree Hill,” is in negotiations to play the role of Buck Williams, a journalist who is one of the storyline’s main characters.
Actor and producer Kirk Cameron had this role in the first three films, which are now being re-worked by Cloud Ten Pictures (Cameron is not reported to have a role in the reboot). As TheBlaze previously reported, while “Left Behind” is getting a major face-lift, the team behind the older films is, at least to a degree, intact.
Writer, producer and Cloud Ten founder Paul Lalonde created the original series and he’s once again leading the latest effort. Script consultant John Patus, one of the many individuals who worked on “Left Behind: World at War,” the third movie in the old series, is also involved in the new project.
Some may wonder how the Christian market will react to a more mainstream actor starring in the film — one who isn’t known for having an overt faith allegiance. Naturally, reaction to these developments is yet to be seen.
While the reboot will follow what the Hollywood Reporter calls “a classic disaster film” format, the essential tenets of end-times theology will still be present. In fact, the film will remain Christian at its core, with the plot, once again, focusing on the survivors living in the hours after the Biblical Rapture.
Shooting is currently scheduled to begin in spring 2013 in Baton Rouge, La. According to Variety, “Lalonde [claims] that there is a theatrical guarantee in place from distributor Samuel Goldwyn Films.”
Murray’s participation hasn’t been confirmed, but his addition would add yet another well-known name to a project that is sure to spark plenty of media attention.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 979 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 424 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 375 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 288 Comments
- ‘Arrogance…Abuse of Power…Rotten to the Core’: Paul Ryan Steamed Over IRS, Benghazi 198 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 132 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 172 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds 100 Comments
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- ‘First they came for Fox News…’
- Most Republicans not following news about Obama admin’s three scandals ‘very closely’
- Obama DOJ relied on 1917 Espionage Act to target ‘co-conspirator’ Fox News
- Stuart Stevens predicts racist ‘small cable show’ co-hosted by Sharpton, Weiner
- Report: More Benghazi whistleblowers to come forward?
- The 50th Super Bowl goes to San Francisco Bay Area
- Muppets creator's items head to NYC museum
- US lawmakers seek limits on Russia cooperation
- San Francisco Bay Area picked to host 50th Super Bowl in 2016
- Lawyer: Feds investigate Susan Powell case
- Library honors Carole King with US pop music prize
- Photos of Tucson shooting scene show gun, knife
- In tornado's wake, worried parents seek out kids