White House Petition Calls for…Deporting Piers Morgan Over Anti-Gun Views
“British Citizen and CNN television host Piers Morgan is engaged in a hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution by targeting the Second Amendment,” the petition states. “We demand that Mr. Morgan be deported immediately for his effort to undermine the Bill of Rights and for exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens.”
Morgan has battled pro-gun advocates several times on “Piers Morgan Tonight” in the wake of the Newtown shooting, even calling one gun lobby director a “dangerous man” who brings “shame” on his country.
“How many more kids have to die before you guys say, ‘we want less guns, not more’?'” Morgan asked Gun Owners of America head Larry Pratt earlier this week.
More than 7,000 people had signed the petition as of Saturday afternoon. It would require 25,000 signatures by Jan. 20 to garner an official White House response.
The petition was apparently created by Kurt Nimmo of the website infowars.com.
Morgan acknowledged the petition on Twitter Saturday, tweeting at one point: “6,600 Americans have currently signed the petition to deport me – meaning 311,993,400 clearly want me to stay. Thank you.”
In another tweet he said it was ironic that the petition-signers would have him deported for using the First Amendment to express his views.
“Ironic U.S. gun rights campaign to deport me for ‘attacking 2nd Amendment rights’ – is my opinion not protected under 1st Amendment rights?” Morgan wrote.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 516 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 462 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 446 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 326 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 258 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 146 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- UN chief arrives in Goma, Congo
- Czech police seek US man suspected of 4 murders
- Markets roiled by Nikkei's 7.3 percent slide
- Japanese climber, 80, becomes oldest atop Everest
- Man shot by FBI had ties to Boston bombing suspect
- Simultaneous car bomb attacks in Niger
- Pakistan arrested American who was killed by drone