White House Petition Calls for…Deporting Piers Morgan Over Anti-Gun Views
“British Citizen and CNN television host Piers Morgan is engaged in a hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution by targeting the Second Amendment,” the petition states. “We demand that Mr. Morgan be deported immediately for his effort to undermine the Bill of Rights and for exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens.”
Morgan has battled pro-gun advocates several times on “Piers Morgan Tonight” in the wake of the Newtown shooting, even calling one gun lobby director a “dangerous man” who brings “shame” on his country.
“How many more kids have to die before you guys say, ‘we want less guns, not more’?'” Morgan asked Gun Owners of America head Larry Pratt earlier this week.
More than 7,000 people had signed the petition as of Saturday afternoon. It would require 25,000 signatures by Jan. 20 to garner an official White House response.
The petition was apparently created by Kurt Nimmo of the website infowars.com.
Morgan acknowledged the petition on Twitter Saturday, tweeting at one point: “6,600 Americans have currently signed the petition to deport me – meaning 311,993,400 clearly want me to stay. Thank you.”
In another tweet he said it was ironic that the petition-signers would have him deported for using the First Amendment to express his views.
“Ironic U.S. gun rights campaign to deport me for ‘attacking 2nd Amendment rights’ – is my opinion not protected under 1st Amendment rights?” Morgan wrote.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 856 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 289 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 270 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 242 Comments
- Report: Obama Administration Apologizes for Another National Security Leak 214 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 170 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 183 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 140 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- South Africa: Winnie Mandela forced auction flops
- 3 Hezbollah fighters die of wounds from Syria
- Futures fall as markets await hints from Fed
- AP photographer describes destroyed Okla. school
- Apple's Cook to face Senate questions on taxes
- Group: More Afghan women jailed for 'moral crimes'
- Vodafone annual profits up 1.9 percent
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival