‘Baked in a Buttery Flaky Crust’? This Hilarious Blooper Reel from a Local TV Commercial Featuring an Adorable Couple Will Have You Rolling
Dystart’s, a 24-hour restaurant and truckstop in Bangor, Maine, wanted to drum up some business with a television commercial. Little did they know that the outtakes from filming could be more effective than the commercial itself.
The blooper reel recently posted on YouTube shows an elderly couple having a little trouble with the line “baked in a buttery flaky crust.”
It’s the flannel shirt clad fellow’s job to say the line. Instead he says “baked in a buttery flavored crust” and “baked in a buttery crispy crust” (count how many times he says “crispy” instead).
Meanwhile, the woman sitting next to him becomes increasingly irritated. She even repeats his line a couple times showing her annoyance. She later scolds with “flaky!” and says she should have been the one with the line.
These screenshots say it all:
The man’s chirpy laugh is definitely worth a mention, too — as is the contortion his face makes as he forms the uncomfortable word “flaky.” Here’s that screenshot:
Finally, even the crew has had enough. They let the lady give it a whirl and, well, she messes it up too.
“Baked in a buttery, crispy flake,” she says on her second go.
Watch the hilarious bloopers for yourself and see who finally gets it right (Warning: some slightly strong language):
If you’re curious as to how the actual commercial turned out, we’ve included it below:
(H/T: Huffington Post)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 588 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 520 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 388 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 336 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 320 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 272 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 151 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals
- Granderson hurt as Yankees beat Rays 9-4
- Sanchez loses no-hit bid in 9th, Tigers beat Twins