Find Out What a Whole House Designed Specifically for Skaters Looks Like (the Tricks Aren’t Bad Either!)
Skakeboarders sometimes have a hard time finding a place to do their tricks. There are often signs banning from the smooth steps of city buildings. Park benches and railings often have metal bumps put in specifically so the skaters can’t grind on them. Skateparks are great, but what athletes on wheels really need is a place to call home.
That’s exactly what the PAS House is — a house specifically designed for skaters. Yes, this means they skateboard inside the house — a cringe-worthy thought for moms.
Here’s a little about the ultimate idea the slightly more than 750-square-foot model house was based on:
Imagine a city of the future where skateboards are used as the primary form of transportation and recreation – in and out of your home. A utopia city for skateboarders would mean that a skateable path, like a ribbon connecting everything together, links each building in an unending ability to keep in motion on your board. The PAS House takes this concept and brings it to life through an architectural project mixing a modern single family home with a skateboard ramp structure – all from an environmentally-driven perspective.
The current model — the Skate Study House — is a miniature of a 2,200-square-foot version that will include a sofa, bed, complete kitchen and other furniture.
Here’s a look at how the PAS House would be used:
The PAS house was created by Pierre-Andrew Senizergues and designed by Gil Le Bon DelaPointe with architecture by Francois Perrin.
The website for the house says it is “what the next 25 years may look like when combining the powerful influence of skateboarding on a dwelling place.”
The house could also welcome BMX bikers too:
Read more about the PAS House here.
- Find Out How This Millionaire & Tech Tinkerer Transforms a 420-Square Foot Apartment Into 1,100 Square Feet Worth of Space
- Teen ‘Mini House Builder’ Creates Mobile 130-Sq-Ft Dorm Room
- Would You Live in This Converted Ballistic Missile Silo? It’s on the Market for $750K
- Could You Life Like This? See the Off-the-Grid Floating Cabin and a Family of Three in a 70-Square Meter Space
This story has been updated to change DMX to BMX.
(H/T: So Bad So Good)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 497 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 479 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 467 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 383 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 320 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 183 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 314 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 126 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Senator: Assaults let military culture continue
- WHO: Scientific red tape mars efforts vs. virus
- Obama lifts ban on Guantanamo transfers to Yemen
- Wyden: FracFocus a 'constructive' tool on drilling
- Heat, Pacers say Game 2 should be even better
- Tea party storm largely inside IRS _ so far
- Kids, teachers from devastated school reunite
- Coded goal: RG3 still aiming for Redskins' opener