Atheists Get ‘Soles’: The Clever (and Vulgar) Way One Shoe Company Is Targeting the Godless
If you don’t like corny puns, then click away now. That’s because a German shoe company has created a new pair of shoes targeting atheists. In other words, Atheists now have the chance to buy some soles.
Here are the latest shoes being marketed to the Godless by a company simply called “Atheist.” The bottoms of the shoes include the phrase “Ich bin atheist,” which in German translates to “I am an atheist”:
“Is there anything more beautiful in life than the pure, sweet, wondrous innocence of an unblemished, open and untainted soul?” the company says on its site.
It then quickly adds some vulgarity:
Yes… the delightful process of getting that sole so [fu**ing] filthily dirty, and soiling its purity with so much titiliating sin and hedonistic whoredom that it can scarcely remember what colour it was to begin with.
This creamy, blank canvas of a handmade shoeling is resplendent in her off-white milky maidenhood… but not for long, the little nymph, for you will introduce her to the real world… blemishing and sullying her with every step you take.
You’re about to make a grown-up of this shoe.
But the cream-colored shoe is only the latest in a line of non-deity footwear. There are plenty of other options available:
If you’ve never heard about this company and are wondering what it’s all about, here’s how it describes itself:
We are an incredulity of atheists, living in Berlin and furiously dedicating our days to not believing in god. Ok, that’s not true; we barely ever think about god, let alone about being atheists.
But, when one of us had the peculiar idea to make a handmade ‘atheist shoe’, we thought that sounded rather endearing and fun. And when the idea went gangbusters on reddit.com, we decided we had to roll up our sleeves and make the atheist shoe a reality.
The “about” section also includes sections titled “We don’t believe in any God” and “Taking the God out of good.”
The shoes sell for 129 Euro — or about $170.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 569 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 509 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 488 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 359 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 334 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 267 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 248 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 144 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- Sanabia : I didn't know spitter was against rules
- News Corp. OKs poison pill, buyback before split
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees tragedy behind him
- Cochran, Perry tied for lead in Senior PGA
- Report: Yahoo, pay-TV operators among Hulu bidders
- Bayern faces Dortmund in Champions League final